Rubella

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by vickytoria88, Nov 17, 2011.

1. vickytoria88

vickytoria88 Well-Known Member

I've just a letter from my midwife telling me that in my blood tests im wasn't immune to Rubella!!!! I've always had the MMR and have had many tests where i have been immune. NOw naturally i am worried. I work in a hospital and im sure i have been tested there and always been immune.

Do you think i should question my blood results?

2. NickyNack

NickyNack Mum of 3 girls, soon 4!!

Maybe its been a long time since your last booster? Do you know when that was?

3. jess1983

jess1983 Mother of 3

I would say it has just been a while since your last booster. Yesterday my midwife told me I would have to get a booster after the baby is born

4. vickytoria88

vickytoria88 Well-Known Member

i'm sure i've had one in the last 10 years, i don't know. I think i'll contact the staff occupational health team at work and ask them. Just a worry when you work in the proffession i do. I know rubella is very rare but it'll be just my luck

5. mommylam

mommylam Pregnant-Mother of 3 boys

I don't know if the amount time since your last booster is really a factor. I haven't had a booster for MMR since I was a child and I still came back immune. Maybe you could have them retest if you don't feel that you got accurate results. Good Luck hun!!!!

6. Gemini85

Gemini85 Expecing after loss

Mine said the same! Then MW said stay away from people with German measles?! I don't ebb know what it is?! X