Rugby style bf position and big boobs!!!

mummyzilla

Reaction score
I have big boobs and babe will only take to rugby feeding position under my arm resting on pillows, I have one of them shaped bf pillows. The thing is my boobs are big and feel obviously very heavy with milk am I crushing or hurting him in any way as when Im feeding him rest of boob is spread over top half of his body.I try to take as much weight off as possible and he seems comfy enough but I worry that Im crushing him:( am I worrying about nothing and this is normal in this position? he finds it difficult to latch on in different positions.

I have massive boobs too (40L) and I find the easiest way to feed LO is to lie him on a pillow (rather than in the crook of my arm) and then support underneath my boob with the hand on the same side I am feeding him on (so left hand under left boob), leaving my other hand free to put behind his neck for latching. You need to be careful if you're supporting your boobs at all that you keep your hand flat underneath them as any pressure from your fingers can lead to blocked ducts if you're not careful.

I'm sure you're not suffocating your LO though - if you can hear breathing then it's probably all absolutely fine!

I used to do the rugby hold and have large heavy breasts too, and my LO was fine. He didn't get squashed, and if your LO is breathing fine and no crying, trying to pull away or going blue around the mouth, I'm sure they are fine too!

i use the rugby ball hold and i used to worry but i was reassured by mw he will not suffocate

i used rugby position when they get older they can feed easier not done it for mths xx

I have massive boobs too (40L) and I find the easiest way to feed LO is to lie him on a pillow (rather than in the crook of my arm) and then support underneath my boob with the hand on the same side I am feeding him on (so left hand under left boob), leaving my other hand free to put behind his neck for latching. You need to be careful if you're supporting your boobs at all that you keep your hand flat underneath them as any pressure from your fingers can lead to blocked ducts if you're not careful.

I'm sure you're not suffocating your LO though - if you can hear breathing then it's probably all absolutely fine!

I do the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->