Running out of patience!

Marie000

Reaction score
We have been using cloth diapers since my daughter was born and did not have any major problems. Using cloth diapers was always really important to me. We only used disposable twice for a few days each time when we were without a washing machine.

Now that my daughter is two, however, our cloth diapers are driving me crazy. My daughter wets through them so often! Just today, she is at her 3rd pair of pants already. I am at my second pair of pants (I sat her on me before I noticed her butt was soaked).

I hate, hate that! Just recently she spent a few days in disposables (when we were moving) and she could wear the same pants two days in a row because they would never get wet.

Please help me fight the temptation of just giving in. I am so tired of getting peed on constantly.

Buying a whole new set of diapers at this point is out of the question. I know we are close to potty training and I just can't afford to anyways.
We are using BumGenius pocket diapers, with the inserts that came with them.

I try putting extra padding in the diaper, but it looks so bulky and uncomfortable. Plus I can barely fit her clothes over that.
I try changing her more often, but that doesn't always work. Today, I changed her just before her nap and when she woke up, she was completely soaked. That was after two hours.
At other times she can go half a day without peeing. :shrug:

well, that's the 4th pair of pants for today. Only an hour after the last diaper change. So that was just one pee that soaked the whole diaper.

That can't be normal. :dohh:

Are the inserts soaking wet, or is the urine running out of the sides? What fabrics are involved with that sort of nappy?

We get this too, usually my fault for leaving nappy on for too long :blush: But I have just come to terms with having to wash more trousers. It is a pain but rather that than buying sposies x

Have you tried swapping the smaller insert for one or two thin bamboo inserts?

If your daughter tends to 'flood pees' (where she pees a huge amount in one go), I'd go for two part bamboo fitteds if you have any lying around. What do you use at night, out of interest? How does that hold out? I wonder if she wets through when she doesn't sit still (shifts her bum around so the pee goes out through the leg holes) perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->