Rupert, Arthur or Lachlan?!?

SarahP13

Mummy to a princess :-)
Reaction score
Help! Having a c section on Friday and still haven't decided a name! We are team yellow so we may not need a boys name but we just can't agree.

We have a Grace Mary and an Evelyn (Evie) Elizabeth. If bump is pink it will most likely be Beatrice Jane. Middle name for a boy will be James.

Rupert (nn Roo, Rupe)- this is my favourite but OH is really unsure and I've had a few negative reactions, mostly people saying it's too posh. I love it.

Arthur (nn Art, Artie)- I like Arthur, it doesn't excite me but it's a strong name and goes well with our DD's I think.

Lachlan (nn Lockie)- my least favourite but I mentioned it to hubby and he's starting to really like it. I'm really unsure but he's quite keen now! He's also half Scottish and likes the idea of having a Scottish name.

Thoughts please!

I really like Arthur and Rupert! And I think both go really well with the middle name and your DD names.

I'm not a big fan of Lachlan, and I think it's a bit of a different style than your girls' names, which would bother me quite a bit.

But since you obviously have your top names picked out, why don't you just wait till the baby is born and see which one feels right?

Also, I must say - I looove the name Beatrice Jane!

Anyway, good luck on Friday!!!

Thank you!

I really hope OH comes round to Rupert or Arthur, he's awful at discussing it! He hasn't come up with a single name that he loves and I would even consider. I don't mind having a few and picking on the day but I'm not sure we even agree on these three as possibilities! Aghhh!!

He had a lot of say in both DD's names so I feel like I can be a bit more pushy this time round, but I still want him to be happy with it obviously. We had three names for DD1, Grace was our favourite but it wasn't in any way 100% decided- however he announced it to everyone whilst I was still unconscious after a general anaesthetic! With DD2 we both picked Evie but he really wanted Evelyn as her full name, I wasn't really sure but he was so set that I agreed to it.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion!

I love all of your options! DD2's name would most likely have been Rupert; in fact she really looked like a Rupert when she was born and we briefly considered using it anyway :haha:. Arthur was also near the top of our shortlist. Lachlan is cool and I suggested it to DH (also half Scottish). I say, stand your ground and remind your OH that he had a good chunk of the say in naming your DDs. Hopefully he comes around!

I like all of them but agree that Lachlan seems a slightly different style than your girls' names and Rupert and Arthur both go really well. Though that's not important to some people.

I'd have to say Rupert is my favourite of the three, and I think Roo is just the cutest nickname.

I dont think Lachlan sounds that different to the girls names? Cor my childrens name do mot match the new arrivals name at all....but I really dont think its major. Lachlan is my fave.

Arthur. Lachlan is fine, Rupert I could imagine as being quite a tough name to carry through seniors maybe?

Ok, so pretty split! Thank you everyone. I'm going to push for Rupert or Arthur I think but I can live with Lachlan!

Lachlan for me I'm not an Arther fan it's to common these days and Rupert just reminds of the bear I'm another who dose t really worry if they match other siblings names :flower:

I have a son named Archer that always gets called Arthur. People tend to like the name Arthur it seems. I really like Lachlan.

I have a Lachlan 😊 We call him Lach and Lachie 💙 We are in Australia so it's really popular here. Are you in the UK? I'm not a big fan of Arthur but I like Rupert!

I was going to say Lachlan is an Australian name as well isn't it? Reminds me of Home and Away :haha:

I say Arthur but I would as I have one! It suits him really well. Sounds nice with Grace and Evie too. Only thing is like a PP said it's quite popular now (which doesn't bother me a single bit lol)

Rupert is cute. My friend has a 'Roo' his is short for Rufus

Thanks everyone.

Rupert James arrived this morning! Decided he didn't look like an Arthur and I couldn't see myself with a Lachlan for some reason. Anyway baby Roo weighs a rather large 9lb 7oz (at 39 weeks!!) and his sisters adore him already.

Appreciate all your replies!

Welcome baby Rupert James! Lovely name 💙

Aww congratulations, and yay for choosing the name Rupert!

Arthur but then I'm probably biased :winkwink: luckily around here it's not too popular at all, he's the only one I know of in real life. I'm not one usually for overly popular names.

I do like Rupert to though, Lachlan really isn't for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->