Rushed to LD then released!!

Come_Bebe

Reaction score
My baby is impatient and wants to come out had contractions yesterday and rushed to labor and delivery they had to medicate me to stop the contractions baby is only 32 wks :nope:

It was super scary!!!! She then checked my cervix
OMG was that uncomfortable! Is it because I have only been sexual with my husband??? It hurt so bad she was so rough! Any feedback would be great!

Is what because of the sex? Contractions or painful exam?

DH and I DTD last night in the hope of bringing my slow prelabour on and I had the most agonising contractions for at least 3 hours - worse than anything I've had in my 2 weeks of contractions so far. My last pregnancy ended very prematurely, so I personally waited until after 37 weeks to start having sex again just in case.

As for the painful exam, I just think that some people have the back for giving a gentle exam and some people go in gung ho as if you're numb down there!

Well I have only had sex with my husband so I was wondering if that's why the exam was painful! But that nurse was a damn witch! She thought I was ok to shove her fingers in very hard! Contractions were bad but I got the through them. I just don't want to deliver baby this soon!

It probably hurt so bad because your cervix is so high up. Last pregnancy I had a rough midwife check me (I yelled out in pain & that is so not me) & a really sweet, gentle midwife check me & it didn't hurt at all. Well yesterday, the gentle midwife checked me again & it killed! She kept apologizing b/c she could see my face. But she couldn't reach my cervix ( & I'm almost 39 weeks! ) so of course it's going to hurt. Sex may have played a part too.

Aah, I understand. I don't think so, I think it would just be because of her examining style! Also, as difficult as it sounds, the more relaxed you are the less it will hurt.

32 weeks is getting into safer territory in terms of premature babies but is obviously very early. But every day counts. :) I hope your LO stays cooking for a lot longer and this was just a bump in the road.

Yes she was rough! And I was scared! Amen! I hope so too!

Sounds like she was just rough with you. I had to have a cervical check as well a few days ago and the doctor who did it was gentle, it was uncomfortable, but bearable. Did they give you a steroid shot to develop the lungs more just in case? I had to get two (one on Wednesday and one on Thursday). How are they managing you to keep you out of labor? Sorry for the questions, I am just in a similar situation and wondering.

Hopefully both of our babies will stay put until their due dates. Or at least until it's a lot safer to be here. Fingers crossed for you.

Sounds like she was just rough with you. I had to have a cervical check as well a few days ago and the doctor who did it was gentle, it was uncomfortable, but bearable. Did they give you a steroid shot to develop the lungs more just in case? I had to get two (one on Wednesday and one on Thursday). How are they managing you to keep you out of labor? Sorry for the questions, I am just in a similar situation and wondering.

Hopefully both of our babies will stay put until their due dates. Or at least until it's a lot safer to be here. Fingers crossed for you.

Hello! They gave me a shot (tributalen?) and checked my cervix it was closed I was contracting every ten minutes for 3 hours. After the shot it stopped 😁 hope they could stay until their due dates! Good Luck! Safety dust thrown at you and your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->