Ryanair problems.

RachA

Reaction score
I'm not happy :growl mad:

Last year we book a holiday through an online site. The flights were with ryanair and the day after we booked them we got a phone call to say that they had put the flight price up by around £70 in total. OH got onto them and in the end they agreed to the original price.

Anyway yesterday my mum booked flights, again through on online website (but a different one to the one we used last year) and she's had a phone call to say that they can't give us the flights at the agreed online price but they are going to be an extra £63 EACH!!!!

Not happy at all. OH is currently at my parents house arguing with the company (bless him as he's not actually going on this holiday with us). I am really hoping that he has some success as we really can't afford an extra £189 for the holiday :nope:

That's awful, why advertise them at that price if they can't stick to it? I wouldn't use Ryanair again if I could help it. Hope it all gets sorted for you, that's quite a big increase in price.

I know - it's so annoying. I hate Ryanair but they are pretty much the only airline that fly from our local airport and we need to use the local airport as it's so much easier with children.
If it had been £63 per family group (i am going with my two kiddo's and my sister is talking her two and then there's my mum) then i would of let it slide but going up by £189 is actually well over half as much again as the original prices we booked - they were around £312 for the three of us.

OH is still there - he is not going to be happy as this was supposed to be a cheap half term break for myself and the children.

I hate Ryan Air but they are so cheap hehe, we got an email saying something to do with Spanish government changes there is now a departure tax for leaving Spain anything booked after a certain date it was included in the price any thing before would be deducted from the CC it was booked with, was worried as we can barley afford the holiday as it is then we got the price increase, it was a whole €1.92 each :dohh: I think I can manage that, DS will have to miss out on a few ice creams to pay for it though :haha:

The thing is that it's not actually that cheap in the end. And they never have been any time we've flown with them. You can get good deals with other airlines that work out as cheap. The trouble is Ryanair made themselves look all wonderful to our local airport and then when the airport said 'ok you can be the main airline from here' they suddenly pulled out of a load of routes they assured the airport they would provide and they put all the fares up.

We've ended up paying the full amount :( but at least we've got a holiday booked :)

Thats ridiculous! What's the reason for charging you more in the first place? Surely you should only pay the advertised price as you've already booked and paid? :wacko:

I've never flown with Ryanair but I've always said I wouldn't because of friends experiences with them - And the hundred and one time's they've been on Watchdog for ripping people off.

I'd have thought once you had paid there's nothing they can do about charging you more :S You've booked and paid that's the end of it? That's like saying you've bought a camera from Argos at half price and them emailing you when it's full price again and saying 'We're now charging you an extra £200 for the camera you bought'? I'd do some research and see if they're even allowed to.x

They get away with it because its booked through a 3rd party. The 3rd party hold the money until Ryanair confirm the price. As this is usually 12-24 hours after the original booking is made then the prices have risen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->