RyanAir seating?

JessdueJan

Reaction score
Hi, has anybody travelled with RyanAir before? from what I gather you are not allocated seating before you arrive at airport, we will be travelling with 3 children, will they sit us together or is it likely we will be separated?
Has anybody rant he airline after booking and paid a supplement to sit together?

I ask because we are looking to book a holiday to Majorca, I can get it online for £300 cheaper than Hayes travel but there is no option to request seats together. With Haes travel it's the exact same flight but they are saying they include seats together. Do I really need to spend the extra £300 to get this? xx

I wouldn't spend £300 extra for a flight that's less than 3 hours. I would just check in as early as possible, you'll likely be seated together, or at least the children with one or the other of you, and if not- passengers will usually swap if you ask nicely.
That's just me though. If it was a long haul flight Id probably pay x

We were allocated separate seats but in reality no one wants to sit next to a little kid so they swapped and we all sat together

I've flown Ryanair loads of times. Usually it's not much to choose your own seats in advance at booking (5-10 quid per person). But yes, more than likely you'll be close anyway or you can request it. You can request it at the counter at check in if you have small children. You might not all be put together, but there should be at least one adult with children, so you might get separated but you shouldn't have a 3 year old sitting alone. If you do all want to sit together, you can just ask. Keeping in mind someone who has paid for a premium seat might not want to switch, but you can usually find a way to make it work. Usually I just prefer to buy seats as it's not that much extra.

Thanks ladies :) think I might ring RyanAir and explain I am booking with onthebeach.com and there is no option to pay extra for seats together and just see how much it is to do this direct with the airline. Surely it wI'll be less than the £300 Hayes are adding on xx

The last time we flew with Ryanair we were allowed to book our seats from 7 days before the flight. Didn't make much difference to us since they moved us when we got on anyway. It cost about £6 per seat if I remember correctly. Try doing it directly through the Ryanair website? They also have an app.

If you are all on the same booking then you will be allocated seats together when you check in PROVIDING that there are enough seats left at that time to allow for you sitting together. I had this issue in October so I know lol.

It doesn't matter who you book with though, you can call up Ryanair and pay extra per seat to choose which seats you would like so you can ensure for defo that you will be together.

can you not just book your flights direct, you could go onto Ryanair now and look at options and how much it will cost you for booking seats. £300 is ridiculous.

can you not just book your flights direct, you could go onto Ryanair now and look at options and how much it will cost you for booking seats. £300 is ridiculous.

The last time we flew with Ryanair we were allowed to book our seats from 7 days before the flight. Didn't make much difference to us since they moved us when we got on anyway. It cost about £6 per seat if I remember correctly. Try doing it directly through the Ryanair website? They also have an app.

Ignore my pp I didn't realise you only got to choose seats 7 days before flying. I have only ever booked with British Airways and Flybe who both let you select a seat at the time of booking.

DH and DD1 are flying to London in April (BA) but I booked it back in November and was able to choose their seats then for about £8 each

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->