SA is due back this week, so worried

meisha

Reaction score
well fellas SA is due back this week. Had to wait three weeks for it and I've thought about it every day. Fella says he hasnt thought about it and isnt nervous. Why cant we be like this???? :hissy:

He had a vas reversal and we fell on the month after so it was successfull but then we had to abstain from getting pg because of my molar diagnosis and chemo for ages. I have posted on here before about vas reversal failing months down the line and I am so worried that this is what has happened.

If his vas reversal failed months after the op was classed as successfull do ya think the nhs would treat him? am worried that they may say your SA isnt good and it may be that you have a blockage but you have to pay for it yourselve at 2.5k!

If he just has a low count what are our options?

I know I have to be a bit more patient and just wait to see what the SA says but patience is not one of my best assets as you can imagine having to wait and wait and wait.

Any advise of what may happen if the count is low or zero?

Hey Meisha

If the count is low then they might want to do a re-test a few weeks/months later so maybe vits and the usual could help.

Depending on how low his count is depends on whether IUI would be viable. Also with low count they use ICSI where they pick one little swimmer and inject it straight into the egg. I had been looking at the bridge centre on the web - they are in central london and would be doing our embryo work. They have a whole list of 'what if' stuff there - what options are available for each issue so might be worth having a look? they also have a price list to give you a rough idea.

My DH wasn't phased at all about his results either - i was hyperventilating!!!

Well fingers crossed since it was classed as successful then he will still be okay now! xxx

hiya, thanks for replying. whats the diff between iui and the other one? i thought iui was that?

also, why are you paying for treatment? would I have to pay for it? i have no intention of paying for treatment as we have no money.

oh dear

IUI is intrauterine insemination - you are given mild fertililty drugs to ensure follicles are large enough to house an egg, and at a specific time sperm are placed high into the uterus to meet with your egg.

ICSI - intracytoplasmic sperm injection - you are given stronger fertility drugs to encourage lots of follicles. Eggs are then collected from the ovaries, and individual sperm are injected into each egg. This means that fertilization occurs outside the body and the embryo is then placed back into the uterus.

Apparently, the increased chance of pregnancy rate with IUI is minimal over normal conception, and IUI is not beneficial if sperm count is low.

Hope that makes sense.

:hug:

but do i have too pay? i got the impression I do. If this is the case then we are doomed coz there is no way on this earth we can afford treatment.

It depends on what your primary care trust offers you hun - is there anyone you can ring for advice?

We have been told that we can have ICSI free but we aren't sure how many goes we get - i know that it will cost us 4.5k to pay privately??

You can always have a look at private costs - the bridge centre in london is on the web and they do their costings online to give you a rough idea? :hugs:

Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
IUI is a relatively simple treatment which involves placing prepared spermatozoa inside the womb, using either partner or donor spermatozoa. IUI can be carried out in a natural cycle, or in a cycle using fertility drugs. In both cases, patients are carefully monitored with urine tests and ultrasonic scans, allowing the best date for treatment to be accurately predicted.

In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
Also known as test tube fertilisation, or shortened to IVF. IVF requires the female partner to take drugs for about six weeks to encourage her ovaries to produce several eggs. These eggs are collected from the ovary during an outpatient procedure. They are then put with spermatozoa in a sterile dish and when fertilisation takes place, the embryo(s) that result are placed in the womb.

Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
ICSI is a way of fertilising eggs by injecting a single sperm cell into each egg using a fine glass needle. As with IVF a course of drugs precedes the egg collection. ICSI is used where there is a low sperm count, or for couples in whom fertilisation is a problem, and has greatly improved the chances of parenthood for these couples.

This site gives you an idea of charges to go private in the midlands.....

https://www.midlandfertility.com/?section=Fees

Hi

To get IUI, ICIS and IVF free does depend on some factors including where you live. I am nearly 34 and have been told by my fertility Clinic in Havering that I will am entitled to all of it for free. If need be can have 3 trys at IVF have not been given any indication yet how long the waiting list is yet. I am on clomid at the minute and have got three more trys then I have another appointment on the 3rd december to talk about further options. Some of the prices for the treatment is scary but well worth it if thats the only option.

i hope to god we get free treatment because we just do not have access to thousands of pounds for treatment. my cousin who is infertile thru radiotherapy when he was younger has been on waiting list for 5 years in barnsley, he has finally reached the top and is now waiting on a sperm donor match.
not sure our stats will hit the barnsley requirements for free treatment. I'm nearly 31, no children, 2 mc's my bf on the other hand had his snip when he was young after the birth of his daughter. she is now 10. he is divorced from her mum and has been with me 3 years. he had a reversal in 06 which proved to be successfull as i got pg but it has failed somewhere further along the line. he is 41 with no sperm present in ejaculate.
i reckon the nhs will say because he already has a daughter we wont be able to have free treatment. i cant remember if i told the consultant at the ozi if he had a child but i did mention the snip.
i've got one cc thats got about 3k clear to spend, i reckon that gunna have to pay for the second reversal if this is what they suggest on the 1st dec.
:(

We are not entitled to any free treatment as my OH has a child from a previous relationship, sorry hun x

thats us buggered then :hissy:

how have you all managed to fund treatment?

I saved like mad and then borrowed the rest. I don't think most people have a spare £2500 sitting around but we decided we wanted this so made loads of sacrifices and saved and saved xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->