Sad news

Dona

Reaction score
My Nana was found dead on Saturday. Her death has hit the family hard as it was so sudden. Archie and I were with her all that week and she looked well. She was my Mum, not my Nana. I am totally devastated and numb to the core. I have decided not to go back to work as planned in two weeks time. I am leaving it another month. My Nana loved her Great Gandson. I look at Archie and get so upset thinking that she wont see him again and he wont know her. How can someone be there one min and dead the next. Its still not sunk in. She was with me every step of the way whilst Archie was in hospital. I really don't know how to cope with her death. I am strong until Archie is napping or in his bed, then I can't cope. I cried myself to sleep lastnight and the night before.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Am so sorry to hear your news...have PM'd you. Thinking of you all...x

:hugs: aww Dona Im so sorry for your loss, she sounds lke a very special woman. Being so close you will find it will take some time to accept things and work will be the furthest thing you will want to deal with right now. You know we are all here to support you in any way we can xxxxx

so sorry to hear this, she sounds like she was an amazing person :hugs:

I am so, so so sorry for your loss. I wish I understood what you were going through but I dont, all I know is Id be devestated too if I was in your position.

I am sending you huge hugs, and thinking of you at this difficult time. Archie is very lucky to have such a fabulous guardian angel looking over him.

Thinking of you xx

so sorry for your loss hun.
hugs to you and your lo. maybe put some pictures together in a little album for archie to play with / look at so he will grow up knowing she was a big part of your life

:hugs: So so sorry to hear of your loss

oh you poor things, how awful for you to loose someone so close and so loved, sending you lots of hugs:hugs:

I'm so sorry :hugs:. It's horrible when there seems to be no explanation for these things.

Thanks for all your kind words. Today has been a hard day for both my and hubby. We were at a wedding on Friday night ( the night she died ) and we got her a bit of wedding cake. The groom said yeah sure but why do you want a bit for your Nana, I replied that she had been married five times as she loved cake! She was married 5 times, not a lie! Anyway, seeing the cake in the fridge has really upset my Hubby. I said that Nana would have wanted you to have it with a cuppa and not to waste it, so he did. Really sad. I picked a few items to remember her today, one of them being her calendar. In it, she'd wrote down Archie's weight every time he was weighed whilst in hospital. I also took her fav picture of Archie that sat right beside her chair, she kissed this every night until the day she died. The results of the PM is tomorrow. Three weeks ago she got a scare, she thought that she was going to die. She only told me in the family. I said to her to go to her Dr's but she refused saying she would be admitted to hospital and that she wanted to be in her house. Over the next two weeks it was almost like she was preparing to die...on her final week she was the healthiest she's looked in a long time. I've heard thats what happens. Everything I do reminds me of my nana as she taught me everything, I keep getting a rush of memories which then makes me so upset. One thing she is getting is horses and a glass carriage for her coffin - shes always wanted this since she was a wee kid.

Dunno how I will cope at the funeral.

Thanks for the PM's - you girls are ace xxxxx

words cannot express how sorry i am for you loss honey :hugs: i lost my nan last december, and she was just like my mum to me, if you ever want to chat, please pm me :hugs: xxxx

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news! sending much love!

Awe Dona, Im so sorry. I think you are doing the right thing, take your time. Im so sorry...

Im here if you need to chat.

:hugs:

So sorry to hear about your nana Dona, but I really believe she will be watching over you all, cheering Archie on as he grows. It sounds like her funeral will be beautiful, you will get through it, sending you all hugs x

I am soo sorry to hear that Dona, after everything its so hard to take it all in am sure. I lost my gran, then found out i was pregnant with Emma a week later and was soo upset she wasnt here to tell and share the journey with.

But am sure that your nana will be watching over you all and will see Archie growing up. I realised that eventually, that they are here watching, and that was a comfort to me as time went on.

Thinking of you and big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->