safe airfreshner to use?

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
A new guy has started at my work and he is a smoker. I have been told by the companies health and safety manager that third hand smoke poses no danger to either me or my baby however the smell is repulsive (not sure i believe him to be honest)

It actually makes me feel sick so i said i need something to neutralise the smell as it is already affecting me and he has only been there a few days. My boss said she is happy for me to have a solid air freshner on my desk. Something that isnt too obvious (she doesnt want to make him uncomfortable)

Now personally i dont care about making him uncomfortable and will avoid him after he has been smoking however i am curious as to what sort of air freshner i can get that is safe to use in pregnancy, any ideas?

I have two months left to work and sit opposite this guy for 9 hours so i really need something to remove the stench!

How about one of those air purifiers? I see you can get them fairly cheap. Also some you can add a cartridge that has febreze in it.

I have an air purifier at home i could take in but it makes a whirling noise and my boss wants something discrete so not to offend this guy. May mention it to her and see what she says though.

Thanks

I've got a Fabreeze 'discreet' thing at home in my hall (paranoid people can smell cat wee when they visit). It smells nice (Cotton fresh) and is...well, discreet!

Thank you. I will see where i can pick one up! Mmmm sounds like it smells nice.

Your boss needs to stop worrying about his feelings. What about yours? Its not like your going to say hey stinky dude this air purifier is because of you. She can announce something like you have asthma or something. :winkwink:

Haha the mood i am in at work sometimes, I probably would end up saying that to him! I have said that i wont lie if he asks why i have got a deodouriser on my desk but then i dont see why i should.

If he had an awful body odour i would feel bad for him and would be subtle but hes not thinking about my sensitive nose when he comes in stinking of smoke.

ew why are they protecting him. i bet others are annoyed too. i smoked before i found out i was pg but i would never impose the odor on anyone. its not a right. i cant stand people that reek that bad. it is just bad hygene!

Ewww third hand smoke is disgusting and it is still smoke :( Hope this gets sorted out for you. Sorry I'm not sure about brands of safe air freshener though x

You poor thing! I smoked for years (quit six years go) and now the smell makes my stomach turn :-(. Do you guys have air freshened like pretty reed diffusers or oiled ceramic rocks in a dish? Pretty, and you can add more scent to them whenever you need a boost!

I never used to be so sensitive to the smell but now it does make me gag.

Yeah I am not sure why they are either, i guess cause he has the right to smoke if he wants to. I will say something if he asks or asks why I wont sit with him to do training. I dont think i would be in the wrong its not like i am telling him he has to quit?

Bluuugghhh cigarette smoke stinks!

Could you try a fragrance oil diffuser? Some of them look quite pretty on your desk, I have them around my house.

Vanilla is meant to be a fragrance to neutralise bad odours and its not too overpowering for an office space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->