safe to sleep on side?

T

tinytoes

after breasfeeding laying down my little one often falls asleep. He seems very comfy on his side.
But is it safe? I always read that we should lay babies on their back to sleep?

Lily has always slept on her side, I prop her up so she doesnt fall onto her front though just in case. My mum showed me when she was first born about swaddling her and put her on her side and she actually slept, she just would not on her back! All my brothers and sisters and aunties and uncles slept on their sides as babies and we're all fine! Ted is so beautiful btw! x

when Oscar and I snuggle up for a nap he is on his side, we've had no problems :D

Jasmine sleeps on her back but occasionally she will roll on to her side, at one point hun babies were "meant" to sleep on their side then it changed again

Same here...ly LO always ends up on his side...he looks so confortable xx

Hannah loves to be on her side to...haven't actually let her sleep like that unless we are holding her, though my mom swears it's just fine as long as we make sure she's propped well so she won't roll onto her face

When she sleeps with us, Keira is always on her right side facing me. And she always sleeps well that way.

When she sleeps with us, Keira is always on her right side facing me. And she always sleeps well that way.

Coltons like this during naps. Actually he is laying like this between me and the laptop right now :)
At night he sleeps in his crib, either on his side or his belly.. however he decides to roll.

Ryan used to sleep on his side too. It is actually a really comfortable position for them.

yes, Nola's doc told me to start having her sleep on her side with a rold up towl behind her to help with the flattening of her head.

:thumpup:My doc actually told me side is best and back is good.Tummy must be supervised in first few months until they can roll themselves over.

Bren often sleeps on his side as well, especially after a night feed.

Tabs has been on her side since day one at night times and only on her back during the day when supervised as her flappy larynx blocks her airway and after a feed she can choke on her back and very scary when she does it!!
I think the main concern with side sleeping is the air circulation,like if they are in a moses basket there is less air to the side then say a crib with bars etc
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->