• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

safe to use tampons 6 weeks pp?

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
I had a second degree tear and got stitches not only in my vagina but up the side if my left labia because the lovely doctors where forcing hands up there to save my life as I hemorrhaged badly.

Well despite exclusively breastfeeding I got my period back yesterday two days shy of 6 wks pp. I already had my postnatal check Las week (thank god) and she could probably have sex in a week or two (its been a week) same with swimming just depends on when my stitches dissolve. Then she asked me if we've had sex yet.... Uh NO! Do people do that with a vagina full of stitches?!?!

Okay to the point, I started my period and its HELL. If I could afford another baby right now of gladly trade my periods for 9 months of bliss and one-two days of labor. Pads keep leaking (no mother nature its cool o didn't like my bed sheets at all) , my back hurts, this is hell. There's a slight chance my birth control could be making ot this heavy (mini pill) but it sucks.

Would you say at six weeks pp it'd be safe to use tampons even of there are a few stitches left? I mean it cant be worse than when my ob used that clear clampy thing to open up down there and check haha. (ouch btw) and oh my cervix is closed also.

I'd just wear a med flow one and a pad, I just want the rest of my clothes to survive this mess. Would it be safe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->