Saharrah's Big Day

Nichole

DD, DS, and pregnant!
Reaction score
This was a while ago, but I never really got to write it down. So, I'll do my best to remember the details :)

April 23, 2010, hubby got up super early and went to work like always. I unexpectedly woke up about 7am (which is very unusual for me, I am not a morning person). I decided that I wanted to take a shower (I had become addicted to taking multiple showers a day in my late pregnancy). Not 2 minutes into my shower and I was doubled over in pain. When I could stand up again, I knew today was going to be my delivery day.

I layed back down on my bed, pulled out my cell phone, watched t.v. and waited for the next contraction. Exactly an hour after the first one, it hit me again. And again, the following hour. The next contraction hit only 40 minutes after the last one. When the next one was also 40 minutes apart, I called hubby and asked him to come home. I told him that the baby was coming and coming quickly it seemed.

After he arrived home they started coming only 30 minutes apart. They dropped quickly from every 30, to every 15, to every 10. Once they hit every 10 minutes, I called the hospital and they told me to wait until they were 6 or 7 minutes apart. So, we got our bags set by the front door and waited for my mom and grandma to get to our house (they were meeting us there, then following us to the hospital). Byt he time they showed up, I couldn't speak during contractions and they were 7 minutes apart, so we got loaded into the car and took off.

Once at the hospital, I refused a ride in a wheelchair and insisted that I could and would walk to the maternity ward. And I did. They put me in triage...and didn't check on me for an hour! I believe it was because I wasn't making any noise when my contractions came. When a nurse finally checked on me, I was 7cm dialated and she hurried me to a delivery room. I declined an epidural, telling my nurse that it was a bad word and I didn't want it.

All of our family took turns coming up and visiting until I realized that it was go time. My doctor walked in, put his gear on and as he was slipping his gloves on when I told him that I needed to push. He told me to wait, not now, but I told him that I had to push now! So, he came over and 4 pushes later my beautiful daughter popped out.

Over all, I was in "labor" for 13 hours, from first contraction to baby. But I was only at the hospital for 2 hours before she was born, and only pushing for 10 minutes.

I think you just wrote my birth story! Lol. So very similar to mine! Woke up at 7am too! And I refused a wheelchair too, and didn't make any noise! The only differences is mine lasted 12 hours and pushing was 20 minutes. Hope our next ones go as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->