Same name as OHs pet?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
This could actually be my last name post! I'm in love with a name!

OH just suggested Matilda nn Tilly/Tilds and I love it! (I suggested it with Isabelle and he hated it so haven't mentioned it this time)

Only problem is, his dog is called Tilly.
do you think this matters?

I love the name Matilda but DH vetoed it. If you are going to use it I wouldn't use Tilly as a nn if that is the name of the dog but there are plenty of other nn to choose from instead: Mattie, Milly, Millie, Tia, Mimi, Mally, Molly, Tess, Maddie

Matilda/Tilly is lovely. If you love the name that much then I wouldn't let the fact it's his pets name put u off :) xx

I think it's okay :) My niece is Eilidh (Hayley without the H!) and their dog is Bailie lol it's no problem :)

My dog is called Stanley and i really wanted the name,but i stopped myself as i thought it would sound like i have no imagination!
Do whatever makes you happy
:dust:

Does the dog live with you? Would dog Tilly and baby Tilly all be living in the same house? It could get confusing if she does?

I have considered using two names (Dakota & Alayna) that were previous dogs I have had in my lifetime. I wouldn't use the name if it was my current dog's name, though.

My friend named her son Andrew even though her parent's dog's name is Andy. But she calls the baby "Drew" as a nickname.

I think it's fine to use Matilda, but not "Tilly" as the nn. Millie is cute!

How old is the dog? What if you start calling her "Lily" instead of "Tilly"? LOL - Maybe she wont notice?? :haha:

I definitely prefer Grace, Eliza, Lily and Daisy to Matilda but that's just me. I don't think the dog thing would matter if you loved it x

The dog lives at Mil and often gets till bill so not a problem :)

Our dog is named Gracie. OH and I both loved the name and picked it for the dog before we ever thought about kids. With our first we avoided the name completely but if baby #2 had been a girl we decided to use it as a middle name... Hannah Grace. I think it will be fine especially if the dog doesn't live with you.

my friends little girl is called Matilda and she gets called Tilda .. which i love :)

I think the name you had chosen was perfect Eliza Grace Lily. Seriously when I read it, I thought "wow that is such a beautiful name". I don't think Matilda has the same beauty or elegance. As for having the same name as the dog, that's not too much of a problem as the dog won't live that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->