Samuel Michael - 20th May 2009

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
Sorry... this is long!!

My waters broke at 3am Monday 18th, but when I rang triage they asked if it had come in a gush and I said no, so they told me they hadn't broken. I was slightly gutted and tried to go back to bed. H went to work on Monday and I spent the day lying in bed with irregular contractions. I didn't sleep very well Monday night into Tuesday and phoned triage on a number of occasions to be told I was not in labour.

H decided to start his paternity on Tuesday 19th, as he could see I was in pain and needing him at home. By 9am I phoned triage back and said we were coming in to be checked as I was not coping with the pain (if this wasn't labour pains, I could not cope when it finally hit!). We got to triage and checked over, they confirmed my waters had NOT broken and baby was fine, so sent me home. We went home and I was feeling worse, by 9pm we were back in Triage and they told me my waters had infact gone, I was 2-3 cm dilated and there was possible meconium as there was a greenish tinge (sp?) on my pad.

I was admitted to the labour ward, where H and I were made comfortable. As I was in early stages of labour and had not slept properly since Saturday, I was given Diamorphine, this helped me sleep, but also stopped my contractions :hissy: so on Weds (20th) morning at around 7.30/8am I was given the drip (can't mind the name, but it began with S) and my contractions came really fast. I was advised at around lunchtime that I would be having baby very soon as I was already 9cm, however, at 5pm I was still 9 cm. The consultant decided to give me another 2 hours and when he came back at 6.45pm; I was still 9cm, in a lot of pain and it didn't look like I would be progressing any futher.

The consultant decided as my waters had broken 48 hours prior and my labour wasn't progressing I would be taken in for an emergency C section. H and I were a little scared, but wanted our baby out safe and well so agreed.

At 7.14pm Samuel Michael entered the world, looking perfect (according to H - I couldn't see him!) We had skin to skin contact in the recovery room, my folks arrived to meet their grandson and took H home - I cried a little as I wanted him to stay with me.

I was taken up to the ward at 1am, where Samuel and I stayed until Friday 22nd and were discharged.

Samuel is now 2 weeks old and we are getting on really well together. He seems happy and content. We didn't manage to get bf established, but he is happy on his formula and that is all that matters.

I am now feeling human again following having my stitches out and am not in any real pain, just a little discomfort.

Cx

Awww....Congratulations hunny, and he is so cute (avatar) xx
It's horrible when your OH goes through all that with you then has to go home isn't it.. I was in floods of tears also but had my Lil Man to get me through it xx

Congratulatons Lou, he's absolutely devine and looks like a little angel :cloud9:

Glad you're feeling better and are settling into things.

Awwww what a gorgeous little boy!

Sorry your triage were as crap as my triage but you got there in the end!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Hey hun, I have just caught up with your birth story! I meant to keep an eye out for you following our PM's to see how it went. But the last couple of weeks have been hectic!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy x

glad ur both doing well hunx xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"