Sandwiches..... Is it ok ?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Ok .... With my 1st son I didn't know the no lunch meat rule and ate sandwhiches almost daily......but my 2nd son I was aware and felt guilty so very rarely ate them..... This time nothing stays down well.... And in always craving turkey sandwiches.... I would eat them every day if I could!!! Can I eat turkey sandwiches as much as I want?

I am not 100% sure exactly what is safe.... At the beginning of this pregnancy I was eating sandwiches too... Then I read deli meats are bad and completely cut all deli meats out of my diet just to be on the safe side.

honey as sick as you have been, if you can eat it, eat it. I would not worry too much. eat the sandwich.

I believe you're able to have cold cuts as long as the food has been thoroughly heated and is steaming hot. Just heat the deli meats up in the microwave first and Have a hot sandwich. :)
Heating it up kills the Listeria monocytogenes

Warm it up in the microwave for thirty seconds or even better toast it on the stove. Of course depends on what you can and can't stand. Lunch meat is fine as long as it is warmed up.

Haha guess I was a little late.

I also crave turkey sandwiches like crazy, but the thought of a hot one turns my stomach lol. My doctor said it was okay to heat up the entire package, and then put it in a different container, and back in the fridge to cool. I tried this once, and the smell of the turkey heating was enough to gross me out. So I still haven't gotten my fix, but maybe it will work for you! : )

I still eat deli meat all the time. It really isn't that common to get listeria from eating it, and being pregnant doesn't increase your chances of getting it. I say eat up!

Supposedly being pregnant does increased your chances, because your defenses are down or something, I'm not sure. I read about it today
However I was craving one too and there are very few things I can eat so I just took my chances and ate it, and it was good!!

^^I agree with mushy that the chances are SO minute. I've read different places, though, that pregnant women are at a greater risk. (Can't tell you where I read it, so not sure how reputable it is lol!) But even at a greater risk, the risk is very low. And if it worries you, zap it with some heat, and go to town. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->