Sandy Bland

I've read that the pm showed she had cuts in her wrist that were at least 2 weeks old and that she had tried overdosing in 2014 after a miscarriage, which she put on her admissions forms at the police station, but that she wasn't feeling suicidal now

I read that too, and that she had mentioned it to the people booking her but they didn't write it down for some reason. And that she told two different officers but said (like you did :) ) that she felt okay atm.

I believe she was disturbed before this whole episode happened..When law enforcement tells you to get out of your car, you get out of your car...She was nasty and noncomplying as soon as the officer approached her... When they pull someone over they don't know what is gonna happen next, they could pull out a gun and shoot the officer, so caution is always taken.. From the onset she was not going to comply, she was pissed and she wasn't going to do anything the officer said.. I don't care if she was black, brown, yellow, purple, red or orange...Everytime an incident happens it always has to be racial, it's not....I wish the woman didn't die, it is horrible, but right there it shows she was not in the right state of mind.. I personally think the officer was lucky she didn't hurt him....Everyone can judge, but when you are out there protected lives and putting ur life in danger, you may see it a little difference.. If an officer tells me to get out of my car, you bet ur ass I am going to get out of my car...JMO..May she rest in peace..:(

wow I came across this thread and looked it up. Firstly if an officer had that attitude with me I probably would refuse to get out my car as he couldnt tell her why and she didnt have to get out her car.
After that happens he drags her out the car and this obviously causes her to say things and this spirals out of control.
I have a horrible feeling that something happened in the jail. just because she has cut marks on her wrist doesnt mean that she wants to die. I have seen many children and adults that have done this as a form of relief and usually we actually were told to let them continue to do it as its helping them for the short time and help them with the long term ie. therapy.
id probably say something similar to her at the start if the police officer was being arsey. I would have put out a cigarette if I smoked though but id certainly not expect to be dragged out my car and arrested!

I think it's hard for people in the UK to understand where her hostility probably came from.

wow I came across this thread and looked it up. Firstly if an officer had that attitude with me I probably would refuse to get out my car as he couldnt tell her why and she didnt have to get out her car.
After that happens he drags her out the car and this obviously causes her to say things and this spirals out of control.
I have a horrible feeling that something happened in the jail. just because she has cut marks on her wrist doesnt mean that she wants to die. I have seen many children and adults that have done this as a form of relief and usually we actually were told to let them continue to do it as its helping them for the short time and help them with the long term ie. therapy.
id probably say something similar to her at the start if the police officer was being arsey. I would have put out a cigarette if I smoked though but id certainly not expect to be dragged out my car and arrested!

I agree and disagree with parts of this. A suspicion is enough to be asked to step out of the car. She did have to get out of the car, he told her to, I've researched this and the law says this is correct. She refused- what would you suggest he does- say ok then, off you go?
I do agree that if someone cuts themselves it doesn't particularly mean they want to die and can be done for many reasons- however she had attempted to commit suicide previously.

I just looked it up and seems they can demand you to get out of your car. I thought this would only be the case if you were arrested or they had suspisions of drug use etc.
I think she handled it badly but he did too.
I live in scotland and iv never ever been stopped like this.
I was one time pulled over and asked if I had been drinking the night before. ( many other cars were too) I said no and was on my way. late for work as couldnt yet back into the traffic lane but hey ho thats life.
I would never imagine any of them would act like this though as they just wouldnt get away with it

I'm surprised they just let you go- I was breathalysed in Asda car park at 11am one morning 🙈

I do agree he wasn't very professional in parts. I think it's very different over there though, and with the gun crimes etc, they need to be much more cautious than here.

I haven't read the whole thing but the police officer was in the wrong. The disgusting behaviour that the police have shown recently (I.e. The stuff that's actually finally getting out) is absolutely shocking. Have we even talked about the mugshots yet? The fact she was already in prison clothes when her mugshot was taken but NOBODY else is? The way she looks? The glaringly obvious of fact that she's lying down? The edited dash cam footage? The fact that people aren't even allowed bin bags in their cell? The picture that was taken of her cell where the bin bag was in the bin... If she hung herself with it, why would someone replace it after somebodies just killed themselves with it? The fact she was almost 6ft tall and the partition was 5ft... Bollocks would a woman of that height and weight be able to hang herself from a 5ft partition let alone with a bit of plastic.

To whoever said it wasn't racial, it absolutely was. The amount of white police officers mistreating/killing black people that we now see about makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope she rests in peace.

I am a white woman and white priviledge makes me sick.

It does matter what race she is as that would affect her reactions, she had more to fear than a white woman getting stopped. It's very easy to say well I would of just got out the car but unless you walked in her shoes knowing what she knew then you can't really say what you'd do.

I find it very odd about the prison wear!

It does matter what race she is as that would affect her reactions, she had more to fear than a white woman getting stopped. It's very easy to say well I would of just got out the car but unless you walked in her shoes knowing what she knew then you can't really say what you'd do.

I find it very odd about the prison wear!

I don't think she sounded like a woman who was scared though.
Not defending police officers actions or the situation- I find it all very strange too. I just don't think this story is very clear cut at all.
I've read some stories where it's obviously been very obviously racially motivated etc.
This- it's not like any other story I've seen or heard before.

Fear comes out in different ways though, I've been known to shout at people because i am scared and more often that not I burst into tears when I'm angry. Even if there was no fear and it was anger based, she had every right to be angry imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->