sauce with (maybe) harmful herbs in???? HELP?

Jennir0se

Reaction score
i asked this on the first tri forum aswell, so i just copied and pasted it here.

a Family member is making spaghetti bolognese, but the sauce he is putting on, contains Thyme, Parsley and Oregeno.

which are all on the "herbs to avoid" list according to a website, will i be alright to eat it? im not even sure how he cooks it, what if the sauce hasnt been warmed up?

Very harmful.
Oregano may cause the baby to grow a third arm! Don't risk it!

:)

Joking aside, some everyday herbs like parsley can be harmful in LARGE quantities. They're fine in normal cooking though!
Not heating Bolognese properly would be bad obviously but surely that's common sense? I wouldn't worry. If he serves it and you don't think it's hot enough, you can always politely ask if you can pop it into the microwave for a minute. Problem solved.

I use parsley or oregano most days when I cook...the doctor never said anything about avoiding them and they're both used a lot in Greece. :shrug:

I've never heard of them being harmful :shrug:

I think the amount used to season food is perfectly fine. They are probably referring to use them for medicinal purposes in much higher amounts. I've used all three my whole pregnancy.

You would have to eat A ton of them to do any harm . In cooking its fine. I use oregano parsley and thyme in cooking .

Large amounts of them raw are dangerous, small amounts in cooking are fine. If it's precooked just make sure it's piping hot.

You would have to eat an absolutely ungodly amount of those herbs to even potentially cause harm. I wouldn't worry about it.

Those herbs used in cooking is fine. It's used so sparingly that it's okay. You would have to consume larger amounts for it to be considered harmful. Enjoy your dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->