Saving Tips

Dont spend it :haha:

Only joking, I dont no but Im stalking!

For me, I don't take my debit card when I go out, unless there's something I need.
I don't go on the likes of Next.co.uk just browsing ever, as it's a fatal mistake.

I frequently remind myself what I am saving for in moments of weakness too!

I sell old stuff on eBay.

I ask do I really need it when I buy most things too!

It's hard though, I love spending! :)

I am rubbish at saving but there have been times when I have had no choice, at those times I am able to do it, only because I absolutely have to! Some ideas...

- Shop at cheaper stores e.g Aldi instead of ASDA and shop around for everything, I love a bargain!
- switch to cheaper brands
- plan meals to save wasting food
- stop browsing for none essentials so not tempted as pp said
- sell old clothes on ebay (use this money to buy new ones if needed)
- go to comparison sites to find best deal on your bills and cards
- trade nights out for nights in e.g me and DH took turns to cook a nice meal every Friday and have some wine
- get as many discount vouchers and deals as possible
- make your own gifts

Use cashback sites if you buy online

Shop around for car/pet/house insurance

xxxx

Only save what you can afford. If u put too much into a savings account and left short it would be easier to go into it so only put away each month what you can realistically afford. Even if it's only a tenner it adds up x

Im big on bulk buyin I can't help it haha for instance I buy the biggest box of washing powder I can find for £15 which lasts me ages and is cheaper then buyin the smaller ones also If things I use regularly and aren't goin to go out of date anytime like pasta and tinned things are on offer I buy lots, me and my partner now take packed lunch to college to save wasting money on food at college and also as others have said plan meals x

I buy vouchers online! I buy £200 worth for like £4.99 (I've made friends with the lady who does them so I get good deals) so I got £200 worth of bold, andrex, huggies, pampers, fairy, Heinz, coca cola vouchers for £4.99 :thumbup:.

Really handy! I stock up and ususally if there's deals on anyway so you get more for the money, I can get in one shop about £200 worth of stuff for penny's

First time I used them I was really nervous have no idea why there not illegal or anything I just was nervous Incase they said no not all in one go but they were fine:thumbup:

Saved me soooo much money :flower:

I also sell old clothes on ebay Isabelle's old next clothes sell for loads on there!

I buy vouchers online! I buy £200 worth for like £4.99 (I've made friends with the lady who does them so I get good deals) so I got £200 worth of bold, andrex, huggies, pampers, fairy, Heinz, coca cola vouchers for £4.99 :thumbup:.

Where do you buy these vouchers from? They sound amazing!

My top tips for saving would be -

*Get a spreadsheet and work out your exact monthly outgoings. Set up a separate bank account for these bills and pay in your calculation and add at least £50 buffer each month (or as much as you can afford) - this buffer fund is ready for any disasters like boiler, washing machine failure, which would otherwise munch into your savings.

*Set up a savings account that doesn't have a debit card. I actually find overpaying into it on payday each month helps me save more, as I feel guilty transferring back even a small amount of money into my spending account.

*Check your bank account every day to keep on top of where you are.

*Sounds simple but live within your means. If you're buying it on credit you can't afford it. Change your mentality to save then buy.

*Go to the meat section in the supermarket first, then go back for veg and only buy what you need. Check you get best dates available on everything.

*Use vouchers to the best of your ability - today I went to Sainsburies and Tesco and did half a shop in each. Just bought things on mega offer too.:blush: For Tesco I had a £5 off £40 shop and Sainsburies I had a £6 off £40 shop. Got £82 of shopping for £71, plus a slip from Sainsburies saying I had saved £25.16 off my shop as I got so many offers :happydance:

*Set yourself a saving goal - is there something in particular you want? If it's a car /house - put it as your screensaver on your computer etc - the more you see it the more determined you'll be!

Good luck xxx

I really need to take heed of these tips, I'm brutal for spending, I've gone mad this xmas, am dreading the credit card bill in january :growlmad: New years resolution is to reign in the spending & start saving, who knows what's around the corner!

The best thing we ever did was open a savings account.

Oh would love to hear more about these vouchers

I just saw this video, and I just don't get it, could someone please watch it and help me understand it :flower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbW6WpXWjw

I just saw this video, and I just don't get it, could someone please watch it and help me understand it :flower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbW6WpXWjw

Watched a programe on this before it's an American thing. Not sure about where you are but don't think it would work in the uk as never have that many coupons and most say they can't be used with others x

We certainly don't have such a thing in Spain, where the more you buy the more free it is lol

Hi ladies I buy them off a lady on fb or I used to get them off a seller on ebay called discount_guru ebay have limited the amount of vouchers they can add at once but when you buy some he sends links to his main site. I've never had a problem using them. I brought nestle vouchers and brought most of my christmas chocolates unsigned them and only paid 40p at check out xx

Hi ladies I buy them off a lady on fb or I used to get them off a seller on ebay called discount_guru ebay have limited the amount of vouchers they can add at once but when you buy some he sends links to his main site. I've never had a problem using them. I brought nestle vouchers and brought most of my christmas chocolates unsigned them and only paid 40p at check out xx

But how much would they have cost?

1) Save on groceries - take a list so you don't forget anything, don't buy anything that's not on the list! Eat I snack before you go grocery shopping :)
2) Save money with a friend - find a friend with whom you can support each other when saving money! Diary is good as well!
3) Save on clothes and other items - think twice before purchasing - ask yourself a question: DO I REALLY NEED IT? Don't ever be tempted by using discount codes and vouchers only because there is a bargain to be made! Use voucher code sites wisely - only when you actually do the necessary shopping and you have the box "enter promo code" - then it's a good way to save. Use sites like https://voucherful.co.uk to get the codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->