savings!

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
I have never saved in my life....

And now i feel so stupid for not doing it!

I've decided to start now, even though i can't afford to put much aside.

So, just a random question of how much people save each month? Im just nosey really.

I personally save £750 a month, well I did before Mat leave started. Whilst I'm off work I won't be saving any additional. When I return to work £450 of my current saving amount becomes Childcare so will then be saving £300 / month.

Although if I negotiate my pay rise this will go up.

Save an amount that is comfortable so you don't feel like you need to dip into it towards then end of the month. I used to try and save £1000 a month but found I was dipping into it for personal spends on clothes/magazines etc so I cut my savings to something I could comfortably forget about.

:flower:

We save about 1500 but this is because we're moving and need the money to go into the new house.

We only get £1500 per month to live on (between OH's wages and Tax Credits), so I'd love to be able to save a lot per month, but it's not feasible.

After rent, bills and food shopping, we're left with £400 per month (£200 each), but that tends to get spent on LO and our games/movies (big collectors).

We could save some of it if we tried, but there's too much stuff we "need" for now (sarcastically need, btw).

From January 2014 though, we've both agreed to save a bit each month, just to be sure that we have savings behind us, and so we can eventually get married, buy a house, or even just go on holiday once in a while xx

As a student with a very part time job, I only manage to save 100-200 a month. The rest goes on my travel.

Partner is saving 1000 a month. So between us, 1200. That all goes into our house funds pot. We're renting and waiting to buy. We barely ever treat ourselves and its a massive drag!

I have never saved, I often say I will, but never quite get round to it

I am more than happy to spend what I have though haha

We dont save save, only save for things like we know we would like, like are going on holiday in sep, so we saved £100 each month for the cottage which is all now paid for and we are now saving spending money.

We save 75 a month for the car-that normally covers MOT, service , tax, insurance, new tyers for the year.

We have been saving up to get our driveway done, and we have been saving since our wedding in 2011 but can afford to get that done next month :)

We do have a savings account for Lo he cant get till till he is 18 we save money each month to put in there from 0-£50, normally the lower end!

We save £25 a month for birthdays/Christmas.

So we dont have much savings but we save up for what we want need :) Once the driveway is done we are going to start saving for new windows and doors, as in the winter the curtains move in 2 rooms our windows are so badly fitted!

xxxx

We save between £200 and £600 pm. It depends on what month it is, some times our out goings are to high and we don't have much to save. Its really whatever is left over by the next pay day.

We've only just moved so things are a bit up in air at the moment we wanna do a. Couple of months to see what finances are like to work out how much were gonna save each month ideally about £200 a month minimum £100 were going to aim for x

We don't save anything, we just never have any spare cash. It is definitely one of my 2014 goals!

We can't really afford to save anything - but I've said that as soon as I go back to work I will be saving 10% of what I earn. At the moment I don't technically 'earn' anything so can't. I'm trying to talk hubby into doing the same with his income once our heads are above water again - last few months have completely drained us and it's going to take a couple of months to get solvent again.

I aim for at least $50 out of each paycheck, so it comes to $100 a month. I treat the idea of transferring the money over from checking to savings as if I were paying a bill - it's non-negotiable and can't be skipped. It doesn't always stay there, of course, as emergencies come up, but for the most part the balance goes up not down.

But it's not like we can't afford to do it. All it means for us is fewer dinners out at a restaurant, really... maybe I go a little longer before getting my hair cut at the more expensive salon that I prefer.

As long as the rest of our bills are getting paid, and I have a little bit set a side, I'm happy.

Im trying to sort my debts off which seem never ending! Then ill defiantly start saving!!

£100pm goes into account for Parker but when number two here it will prob be £75 each.

then when we both in work i try to save £500pm but our previous savings paid more first mat leave, now were saving for this leave, then the big one is our next house.

NZD $480 a month. And i'm a student. But i've saved my whole life and have gotten quite skilled at it. It would be more if I was working full time- pretty much the main thing is if you want something badly enough (for me, it's a house) then it's easy to say no to things you don't need, like new clothes or holidays. When I want something I don't need, I just visualise my future house and it seems unimportant :)

Good luck saving :)

We both save a bit but oh is finishing paying off a loan so it mostly goes on that. We just save to have an emergency fund in case anything breaks or whatever. Then i have my own little pot which is my baby fund. Once oh is debt free (should be early next year) we can hopefully save about 700 a month towards a house deposit.

We try to save. But seems like just when we start getting ahead something happens. I wish we had been able to save.

We save about £100 a month. I have my own savings which is used for an emergency but not been dipped into as it's for anything that's a big emergency x

We save £500 a month. At the moment this is mainly our house fund :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->