savings!

We generally put back US$100 a month, but for right now, our focus is debt reduction! After we pay off our debt, then we will start hoarding money for a house deposit.

i cant save a penny !! dnt have anything left to save :(

saying tht i do save with park all yr so our xmas' are fab , thts the main thing at the moment x

I dont have savings as such but we do save for things such as holiday, house stuff ect like now were saving for new carpet so all our savings will be spent on that then after thats done it will be saving for xmas then saving to get married x

We've never saved as we can barely make it to the end of the month but we started trying to save 200 a month from last month to move house in August or September but it's a struggle! We thought f we aimed to save 200 maybe we would manage 100, we have a lot of outgoings though X

We are saving at the mo. hoping to buy a house.
It depends how much we save a month :flower:

I personally save £80/month out of the money OH gives me and I use that for Christmas and birthday presents, but I don't have money left in that account at the end of the year so it's not long term savings.

OH has quite a bit of money spare each month but it all goes into overpaying debts - he took out a loan to extend the lease on our old home before selling it so that needed paying off, and then the mortgage. We won't save properly until all debts are paid off - no savings account is going to earn you more interest than you pay out on a mortgage or other loan so it's financially better to pay off all debt first. Obviously it's good to have money for a rainy day but if you can easily take out a loan if needed, you're best sticking with paying off debt rather than saving. It's crazy how much money you can save by making modest overpayments on loans or mortgages.

OMG! I wish I could save even half of what you lot do! I'm a student, OH is self employed. We live pay check to paycheck. Hopefully when we move we will save the rent we are saving (£100 a month) but no way could we save anywhere near these amounts! Oh and I put away £10 a week into DS savings x

We save anywhere between £1000-£2500 a month depends on how work has been the weather

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->