saw the doc this morn, need some opinions please!

dovehouse

Reaction score
did two first response tests yesterday, both positive. then went to see doc this morn, who basically said that i shouldnt tell anyone yet untill i have seen the midwife a week on thurs....also he said that there is a 50%chance that the pregnancy might not stay, i could have a bleed anytime.....he really put a dampner on things and now makes me feel like i am getting my hopes up for nothing. so i came home and did a digital test which told me that i am pregnant 2-3weeks.

does anyone think i shouldnt tell my parents yet? or been told this kind of thing from their doc too??

Hi Dovehouse!

Congratulations on your BFP! That is excellent news.

Your doctor was probably looking out for your best interests but was extremely insensitive and worried you, probably, for nothing. He was probably referring to the rates of early miscarriages and chemical pregnancies - I don't think the rates are as high as 50% though. In the past, women didn't really go for pregnancy tests till much later on and if they had had an early miscarriage, they probably thought their period was just late. Nowadays, we find out really early - sometimes as early as just over three weeks since our last period - so one week from ovulation. Most miscarriages happen in the first few weeks and whereas, we might not have realised in the past, once you have done the test, you would know. I think your doctor was just making you aware and trying to protect you incase something did happen. However, the chances are you will probably be absolutely fine - try not to worry - statistics for this type of thing seem to change depending on which website you go on, so I would try not to get stressed about it.

Of course, it is completely up to you whether you tell your mum or not.

I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy and congratulations on your BFP.

xxx

Poppy's summed it up perfectly there.
It sounds like the doctor was just trying to preapre you incase the worst happened but didn't deal with it very sensitively.
Try not to worry too much.
Congratulations on your BFP and heres to a happy and healthy pregnancy! x x

Dont worry to much about the doctor,just relax and all will be fine.all the best.xx

We have told my parents and siblings, it has helped give me some reassurance as I have felt rough all over the weekend. without Mum here I would have probably been up at the early pregnancy unit and labelled as over cautious :haha:

Go with what u feel comfy with hun, I never thought that I would tell them this early xx

thanks everyone! yes you are poppy, i do remember the doc saying in the olden days people didnt test and just thought they had a late period. so the test said 2-3 weeks, does that mean 2-3 since conception? so how far pregnant am i?does that mean when i look at websites about the growth that i look at 14days plus????
its all so confusing. plus i dont know how long my cycle length is, cos i have been on the pill for years cos of pcos! so i cant work out my due date properly using the sites on the net!
going to tell my parent tonight, i cant keep it from my mum any more!
thanks everyone for your help and wishes......its just all too complicated in my opinion!

i would tell parents as we're close to them. Even if something did happen I would want them to know so they could support us
Fingers crossed all will be ok anyway. Here's to a happy 9 months! xx

If your test says 2-3 weeks, the doctor will put you as 4-5 weeks. The first two weeks of anyone's pregnancy is before you've even ovulated! So my ticker says I am 7 weeks, but little bean is actually only 5 weeks old - it's just how they date you

thanks everyone! yes you are poppy, i do remember the doc saying in the olden days people didnt test and just thought they had a late period. so the test said 2-3 weeks, does that mean 2-3 since conception? so how far pregnant am i?does that mean when i look at websites about the growth that i look at 14days plus????
its all so confusing. plus i dont know how long my cycle length is, cos i have been on the pill for years cos of pcos! so i cant work out my due date properly using the sites on the net!
going to tell my parent tonight, i cant keep it from my mum any more!
thanks everyone for your help and wishes......its just all too complicated in my opinion!

Going by the digital, you would be between 4 - 5 weeks pregnant as they go by conception, not since the first day of your last period, which is what the doctor goes by and/or pregnancy books. Don't worry too much about the readings on the Clearblue Digitals as they go by average hcg levels (this is the hormone in your blood when you are pregnant) which vary a lot in early pregnancies. Some women have quite a low amount to start with and go on to have healthy pregnancies and some have really high amounts - so this could affect what comes up on the digital test.

Don't worry - but if you do feel anxious, you could phone up the midwife to see if you could have an earlier appointment.

xxx

Oh, and if you are not sure about your cycle length or when you became pregnant, you could maybe get an earlier scan to see how far along you are.

congrats ignore your doc and enjoy your pregnancy xx

thanks! told the parents today....was a lovely feeling! trying not to think about it now, untill i see the midwife a week thurs. (finding it very very tough!!!) am hoping i get sent for an earlier scan date as it is so hard to predict due to my dodgy cycles and the fact we had only had one period since coming off the pill! ah well! just trying to enjoy the moment of seeing a bfp!

hey congrats! yeah i think your pregnant my clear blue test came up 1-2 weeks, i told my mum + dad nd my fiancee mum nd dad,, i also took another test the next day to be sure, it came back postive to, i would just tell the people close to you, and good luck! hope it all goes well for you xxxxx

aww just wanted to say congratulations! Shame that the doc was so negative :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->