Say hello to peanut...after a scary evening!

Baby_brain

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So, today after work I had a wee and found some blood (very brown) in my knickers. Obviously I panicked. Also I have been having cramps on and off since I found out that I was pregnant. I also had a dizzy spell today. I rang 111 (this is a medical non emergency 'helpline' for those not in the UK) and they were slightly concerned about ectopic. Got referred to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and made my way there with DH obviously super worried. The hospital were great and saw to us in less than half an hour. Had my first internal scan and baby bean was there! Only tiny, mind you, they reckon closer to 5 1/2 weeks than 6 1/2 but then I have irregular cycles so that is extermely likely (also I wasn't temping or using OPKs). I feel really relieved actually. The ultrasound tech said that she couldn't definitively see a hb, but that it was super early for that and that she could see some flickering that might be a hb. The pain on my right side is because I have a small cyst on my right ovary. And the bleeding they said is old blood because it is brown and could be due to implantation. Haven't had any bleeding since. Anyway follow up scan on the 29th. Right now I am just so happy to see a bean and hope you all enjoy seeing it too! :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 35
That is great news, beautiful wee bean too!

I am incredibly envious of your health care. In Canada, at least for me I don't get a scan of any sort until 20 weeks. We don't have early pregnancy units to go when something wrong, just ers who treat you Iike you're paranoid.
Wish the best for ya xo

That 111 line sounds pretty awesome actually. Glad everything is ok! I bet thats the cutest little peanut you've ever seen. I call mine peanut too...even though he's slightly bigger than that now :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. Of course I think peanut is the cutest little dot to ever have existed! I was so impressed with all of the medical staff, thwy couldn't do enough to help me and everything was sorted in less than 2 hrs. I have heard people say before that if you are less than 12 weeks they don't care. But in my case this was not the case at all.

I feel very lucky to have all you lovely ladies rooting for me. It is so lovely how we can all support one another. :hugs:

Congratulations, so glad everything was perfect for you :) xx

Aaw congratulations! For 5 and a half weeks u have a decent sac there for ur little peanut. Aaaww!! Our early pregnancy unit is really good here too, they always so don't feel stupid for being worried or concerned or rushing off to them to seek reassurance, it's wat they're ther for. And if we didn't go, they wouldn't have a job!

Am glad things r looking good.... I had a scan about 5 weeks as I was bleeding ( prev pregnancy). Wen I went back 2 weeks later ther was 2! Haha. Imagine!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->