Scalextric Sets for 3 year old

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I've been looking on ebay at some scalextric sets for my little brother, he's 3. There's one listing which says the set is suitable for 3+ but others saying "the box says 8+".. So I'm not really sure.

Does anyone think this is a bad idea, or should I just go for it? He's got loads of cars, but I don't think he has any electric moving cars, and I think he'd really like something like that.

Only other thing I was thinking about; my little sister is 1, and she likes to (point and) put things in her mouth at times (like most babies) I suppose it's up to my dad and step-mum really, whether he would keep it in his bedroom so it's out of my sis's reach or if she'd been fine...

I've been trying to think of cool prezzies I can make, but I've come to the conclusion it's probably better to buy the kids stuff they can play with.

you can get the "my 1st scalextric" set which is for 3yrs+. i think its around £30.

I've been looking at this, but I really can't afford to get it at the full retail price. I'm watching some on ebay, but they're all going quite high. I'm watching a set which is £5 buy now and £2.20 P+P. This is the one that says it's suitable for 3 years +, but I don't know if it actually is, or if it's the seller's opinion...

it should be ok. My ex had loads of scalextric sets and i think all you would have to watch out for is the wings mirrors on the cars, they come off quite easily but you could probably superglue them on so that they dont come off.

I suppose I could always buy the set and check it works and decide from there. Should be easy enough to sell on...

Any ideas what to get for a one-year-old girl now? :D

xx

a doll!! i know callum is a boy but he loves his doll (well its actually nicoles but he loves it!!!)

Awww! What sort? The plastic ones, or ragdoll type?

This is making me broody again, there's loads of sweet clothes on ebay I'd love if I had a little girl, but I don't think my step-mum would like em...

xx

Carly has one that will fill an entire room so it wouldnt be a 3+ i wouldnt worry , it could be something mummy/daddy can play with him with :)

I don't think my dad would complain about that!! He's been nagging my step-mum to get my bro something he can play with too! :rofl:

I think I'll go for it. It's fairly cheap and it means that's my bro out the way...

xx

his doll is a proper doll but just with a soft body!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->