Scamp still cant get on

I'm not very technically minded, but can you switch your router on snd off and see if that works? Or has that been suggested x

Yeah tried it hun, I switched it off on the router and at the wall and unplugged it :( x

Scamp, i just put my email and a password in and left the other stuff blank. It said it had worked an that i was on the open dns but i still cant get on the site using my pc, i have copied the instructions if u dont want to put your details in, if ur on windows 7?

You don't really have to sign up for OpenDNS. You can just change the DNS numbers in your PC's network settings or in your router.

Ok thanks. I'll get hubby to look at it tomorrow, I've done what I can and it's still not working :(

Hubby had a play around this morning and it hasn't worked :( is there anything else I can do? Getting fed up not being able to go on BnB on my laptop x

Hubby had a play around this morning and it hasn't worked :( is there anything else I can do? Getting fed up not being able to go on BnB on my laptop x
A traceroute might be helpful. If you contact your ISP they will probably ask you to do that. For windows see: https://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html
For Mac open network utilities and use the traceroute tab.

You could try using a web proxy. This one works ok for users on my forum who are blocked by their employers lol https://kproxy.com/

You can find more by googling 'web proxy'. A lot of them won't work on forums because they block scripts and cookies.

A traceroute might be helpful. If you contact your ISP they will probably ask you to do that. For windows see: https://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html
For Mac open network utilities and use the traceroute tab.

You could try using a web proxy. This one works ok for users on my forum who are blocked by their employers lol https://kproxy.com/

You can find more by googling 'web proxy'. A lot of them won't work on forums because they block scripts and cookies.

Thank you. I'll give it a try later :)

I'm using something similar to the web proxy thing an its working now but will it eventually work without having to do that or is this going to be the only way to access from now on?

Scamp, have sky recently changed your service? we got a letter from them saying they were updating the service to make it better an that happened last weekend. Im wondering if thats why its only some people who have sky that are having problems and not all.

No we've not been told of an update? Or not that I remember, tbh sky letters I tend to not bother looking at :blush:

I was using a proxy and it worked for less than an hour before it told me to pay :(

I was using a proxy and it worked for less than an hour before it told me to pay :(

Try this: In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click Internet Options, then click the Connections tab, then click Lan Settings (button near the bottom), and then clear any check boxes that may be there, so that nothing is checked... Then click OK a couple of times to get out of Internet Options. Now, close out of IE and then go back into IE and try to access the site.

Scamp if that doesnt work try hotspot shield, its free, just remember to disconnect after you finish using it.

Try this: In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click Internet Options, then click the Connections tab, then click Lan Settings (button near the bottom), and then clear any check boxes that may be there, so that nothing is checked... Then click OK a couple of times to get out of Internet Options. Now, close out of IE and then go back into IE and try to access the site.
Just tried and it didn't load anything at all, just said connecting and then stayed on the first page. Thank you though

Scamp if that doesnt work try hotspot shield, its free, just remember to disconnect after you finish using it.
thanks, we'll try that next.

At the minute we're trying tunnel bear but there is a limit

Scamp i had the same issues and am with sky, I just spoke too them and it's now working! All you need too do is turn your modem off at the wall and leave it off for at least 30 mins, I did 45 mins too be sure. This resets your own ip address, and then it should work!!!

Scamp i had the same issues and am with sky, I just spoke too them and it's now working! All you need too do is turn your modem off at the wall and leave it off for at least 30 mins, I did 45 mins too be sure. This resets your own ip address, and then it should work!!!

Thanks, I'll give that a go :thumbup:

IT WORKED! I'm back :happydance::happydance: I left it off for a good hour and half just in case

Thanks for all your help everyone :flower: x

Before you switch the router off are you meant to do something first? mine has been off all night, switched it back on now and still wont access, just times out.

I didn't, I turned it off left it for a while and it worked.
Maybe try ringing sky?

I phoned sky this morning, spoke to a horrible customer support advisor, who said there is nothing they can do, not their problem, nothing to do with them, they don't have any control over what sites we can access. He initially said to find out exactly what the website has changed so i said fine i would do that then would they be able to at least listen to see if there was anything they could help with and i got a big NO!!! completely useless!! :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->