Scan at 5 wks - Only Gestational sac seen :-(

Demotivated

Reaction score
Hi everyone. ..

I hve pcos and had my first scan yesterday to confirm the pregnancy. . I reckon I am around 5wk mark and 6 days ago my beta hcg was 550.. so was expecting to see at least a yolk sac...

the dr. did a transvaginal u/s and we only saw a gest. sac..

Dr seemed okay with it..but I m really scared. shouldn't we hv seen yolk sac too at least?

hv been calld in after 3wks... I m scared of this being a blighted ovum :-(

Don't worry yourself just yet! 5 weeks is very very early. I wouldn't expect to see much at all at 5 weeks. There is a good chance everything will be fine. Good luck x

I was thrilled to see a gestational sac at 5w0d. Just having implantation and a sac made me happy. *shrug*

Thanks guys...hv been reading online for more color on this, but so confused :S

@Ladyhutch... just realised our cycles are pretty similar.. my lmp was 23 apr as well n discovered bfp on 23 may :D

Awesome! Yeah, I've been to the 5 week mark more times than I care to remember. Seeing a sac is a very good thing.

I only saw a sac and nothing else at5+4 last pregnancy and I was sure of my dates. It was also transvaginal and the sac was empty at that point. I wouldn't be worried at all at 5 weeks as I wouldn't expect to see more at that point! (Btw My empty sac is now running around driving me crazy)

5 weeks is still really early, and you seeing a sac this time is great!
By next week there will already be a little bean in there :)

5weeks is so early, I know I've read of a lot of people only seeing a gest sack at that stage and going on to see baby growing lovely at later dates. X

They couldn't even see the gestational sac with one of my pregnancies at 5 weeks! Sounds normal to me honey, try not to worry :hugs:

i had a scan yesterday where i believed i was 5+6 and was told no im less than 5.. only saw a sac and yolk sac.. so im going mad with worry... im going back for a re scan on June 10th.. try to stay positive which is what im trying so hard to do :) xx:hugs:

I only saw sac then too! Finally saw a blob and ys at 8 weeks!

I have had brown bleeding for a week so i went in at 5 weeks 6 days for an internal scan, all she could really see was the sac. She thought she could see a yolk sac but couldn't be sure because its way too early hun. Some people are lucky to see their baby early, we perhaps arent. I wouldnt worry though. Ive been booked in for a scan in 2 weeks when i should be far enough to see something. Dont stress, bubba needs time to grow x

i had a scan yesterday where i believed i was 5+6 and was told no im less than 5.. only saw a sac and yolk sac.. so im going mad with worry... im going back for a re scan on June 10th.. try to stay positive which is what im trying so hard to do :) xx:hugs:

finding a yolk sac is great.. baby comes into picture only after 8 weeks. dnt stress.. lol.. I know. .. easier said than done :)

Thanks everyone. . pregnant fr the first time ever, so getting nervous like hell.. Dr. didnt seem concerned after the scan n has calld me after 3 weeks, so that's a solace.. may be she saw better thn me. . fingers crossed...

I went for a scan yesterday at what I thought was 6 weeks! According to the scan, I was 4w6d which kinda lines up with my conception/ovulation date(actually measuring 6 days ahead). Doctor told me its still very early to see baby. Fx for both of us that we get to see baby at next scan!

5 weeks is super early, my doctor won't even do an ultrasound test until 8 or 9 weeks to confirm.

Keep your chin up!

Hi everyone. ..

I hve pcos and had my first scan yesterday to confirm the pregnancy. . I reckon I am around 5wk mark and 6 days ago my beta hcg was 550.. so was expecting to see at least a yolk sac...

the dr. did a transvaginal u/s and we only saw a gest. sac..

Dr seemed okay with it..but I m really scared. shouldn't we hv seen yolk sac too at least?

hv been calld in after 3wks... I m scared of this being a blighted ovum :-(

I was scanned every two days with this pregnancy because the previous was ectopic and I was high risk. Only an empty gestational sac was seen until 6 weeks two days and we were absolute on my dates (I charted).

I only had a sac seen on my first scan. When I went back two weeks later, there was a baby with a heartbeat! Hang in there!

I also only saw the sac at 5wks something day with my first pregnancy. I never worried about it and neither did my OB. I would say your appointment went great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->