Scan at 6.5 weeks empty sac?

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
I promised myself that I wouldn't worry about this but I had a scan on Saturday (6.5 weeks) and they saw the gestational sac but nothing in it. Has anyone had a scan around 6.5 weeks and not seen anything but saw something later? My HCG levels were at 45,000 and I thought at that point I'd be able to see something? The US tech said something about every woman's anatomy being different and that mine was just too small to see. Also I heard no heart beat, but I don't know if that's something he was looking for, as it was an emergency scan (I had cramping and spotting). Anyways I'd love to hear people's experiences with early scans. Anyone see an empty sac at 6-7 weeks then go onto see a baby and heartbeat later?

Id a scan 6w1d - empty sac
was put back to just 4wks
(which couldn be possible cus i was getting ++ HPTs for 3wks)
so meaning i found out at 5dpo i was expecting..... not a chance
went back 14days later for re-scan
and there i was dated 7w2d with a Baby and a heartbeat

Best of luck x:hugs: x

Hey Hun my bump buddy went for a scan at 7wks and they didn't see anything and put her back to 5wks,she went back 10days later and there was a heartbeat.at her 12wk scan the baby had caught up with those lost 2wks and measured 14wks.all babies grow at different rates.some grow daily and others have growth spurts.I'm sure ur baby will b fine xx

So it seems like most people had a heart beat by 7 weeks. I'm worried. I just realized it's only 2 weeks until my next scan. I really hope I hear something then, this is going to be a long 2 weeks for me!

I had the same thing happen, and my levels weren't doubleing, I was doomed for another miscarriage. But here I am 2 ultrasounds later 2 with heartbeats after one with empty sac. And I am 8 Weeks!!!!! :) Good Luck you're probably just too early! :)

I had the same thing happen, and my levels weren't doubleing, I was doomed for another miscarriage. But here I am 2 ultrasounds later 2 with heartbeats after one with empty sac. And I am 8 Weeks!!!!! :) Good Luck you're probably just too early! :)

How many weeks did you see the empty sac? And when did you see the heart beat finally?

there is a difference between being 6w5d by your date and a pregnancy sac measuring 6w5d and being empty. If your sac measures 6w5d there is a chance you have a blighted ovum. However if your 6.5 day by your dates and sac measures less then it very likely and very very common to be a week or 2 out with your dates. We all have different lenght cycles,ovulate at different times and then implant at different times. Then our babys grow at different times. This is very common and most go on to see a heartbeat and some including me even catch up to there original date. Worse thing is the 2 week wait

Good news! They HAD heard a heart beat last weekend, he just didn't bother to tell me! My doctor called me today after going over the report and told me. I'm sooooo happy now! I was so worried, thought for sure I'd lost it. Also they dated it at 6 weeks 6 days, a bit further along then I thought. I have two heart beats! :happydance: Yay Yay Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->