Scan at 6 weeks 1 day only sac and yolk see. No heartbeat

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
Had an early scan today due to previous problems with my last pregnancy with my son.
Measured at 6 weeks 1 day but there was only a sac and yolk, no heartbeat, worried as with my son I saw the heartbeat on a private early scan at 6 weeks 1 day.
Also concerned as have been really ill, with a severe kidney infection and been on loads of antibiotics.

Got to go back next week for another scan but can things really change that much in a week?
Anyone had anything similar and been ok?

xx

Things can really change that much in a day. LOADS can change in a week!! At 5w6d I only saw a yolk and sac no heartbeat. FX for you :hugs: I know how crappy the wait is!!

Thankyou, the wait is going to drive me mad, just want to know my baby is ok :-(

Yes! I had a scan with Sophie at 6+3 and we only saw a sac and possible yolk. I went back a week later and there she was.

It was extra difficult as I had a scan with my son at 5+4 and saw the fetal pole and heartbeat

i wanted an early scan but they told me the baby would be too small to see anything so they made me wait until i was 8 wks 6 days to get my ultrasound. baby's hb was 174 and just this morning, got to hear the hb on doppler for the first time and the hb is 160! im not even sure what to have expected in those early weeks since its my first pregnancy. im sort of glad i was forced to wait a bit. i would have freaked out and worried even more than i already was! at the time i was horribly worried i was having an ectopic because i read too much on the internet and came across scary topics. i dont hear much about people seeing every thing at 6 wks 1 days, as every baby grows differently because they're different babies!

Did they do internal they are better also equipment being used we have one place here that's old and crap and another with new stuff

That was just what my DD looked like at that time, so all is good. And yes they can change a lot in a week!

Thankyou, they did an internal so they could see more.
The wait it horrible. But all your posts have made me feel a bit more positive, just wish it was next week already
X

Big hugs hun it could be that your dates are out slightly even if you know when you ovulated not every baby will implant at the same time and even a day out can change things. I'm sure when you go back you will see a lovely little heartbeat. x

Scan is 11am tomorrow am v nervous. Just hoping it will be ok a d there will be a lovely little heartbeat

Think positively, hun! All will be well, you'll see. :hugs: Good luck and let us know how it goes! Keeping my FX for you. Can't wait to hear the good news! <3

Best of luck to you tomorrow! I'm sure you'll see a beautiful baby with a heart just beating away! :)

5 weeks 3 days - Gest Sac. & Yolk Sac.
6 weeks 4 days - Baby & heartbeat! A lot changes in a week!

Best of luck, I know its hard not to worry I still worry even after seeing a heartbeat i'm pretty sure I will until that baby is in my arms!

I hope it went well x

Hi, scan went ok and there was a heartbeat, but was only measuring a day ahead from last time, am hoping the sonographer just measured wrong on the first scan :-/
She didnt seem concerned at all so am assuming all is ok , will have to wait for my 12 week scan to know for sure, and to put my mind at ease

Im glad everything went well... I know the measurements being behind will worry you but you may have just implanted later! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->