Scan at 8+4w will it be tv or abdominal?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
Hi, if anyone has been for a scan at 8/9 weeks was it a transvaginal one or abdominal? After nearly 2 years of gynae, clomid and an early pregnancy scan it would be nice to keep my pants on for once.

If it means I get a better pic I'm still happy to do the tv but wasn't sure what to expect.

I have had both at that gestation. :/ not that it helps, sorry!

With my first pregnancy when i had early scan it was tv. That was in hospital when i was ill so not sure if they do same in other situations

Most likely it will be TV. My doctor's office does TV until around 11 weeks.

I was 8w3d yest and had a dating scan which was TV

My 8 week scan was an abdominal one! Really clear picture too because my bladder was ready to burst!!!

Hi I had both at 8 +5. She did a quick abdo to check due to prev mmc and then went tv for better pictures.

I'm fairly certain that it'll be a tv. I think most practices wait until you're more like 11/12 weeks before they begin using the abdominal probe thingy.

I had a scan at epu at 7+5 and it was abdo :thumbup: oh and a private one at 7+1 which was abdo too x

I had mine done at 8 weeks & 3 days. It was done abdominally. A full bladder is best so they can see more that way. That's the first thing she asked me "If I had a full bladder" that way she knew which way to do! We could see everything great. It may depend on the doctor though!

I had a scan at 8 wks with DD and it was abdominal xx

I had an early scan at 7+4 at the EPU and it was abdo. She could measure and it was spot on and we also saw the heartbeat.

My bladder wasn't to full either.

Thanks for all the replies. At my one at 6w she made me pee first and it was tv.

It'll be something like my 8th tv scan and they're not awful. I guess I just want to be a 'normal' pregnant lady and not getting special checks because of how we conceived. I am loving the 2 extra 1st trimester scans though as its reassurance and we get to see our baby. The single good thing about fertility treatment!

Mine have always been abdominal at 8w.

I've had abdominal scans all the way through since 6 weeks when we saw baby's HB x

Usually both at 8 weeks. 10 weeks they changed me to abdominal (except the couple of times they wanted to be sure if cervical length.

I've had 2 private 8 week scans and one NHS one in 3 different pregnancies and they were all abdominal . I had drunk a hell of a lot of water though ;)

Just to update it was abdominal. She said she'd give it a go first and then do a tv if needed.

I had gone for a wee before we left as I thought it would be tv but then nerves and needing to wee all the meant it was ok. I must remember to hold it in for 12 week scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->