scan behind a few weeks?

hannah berry

Reaction score
Hi everyone, went for my first scan this weekend and left confused. my last period was around jan the 16th, we um did the deed on the 3rd of feb and i got three positive clear blue digital on the 24th of feb at 3+. i thought i was around 11 weeks or so but the baby looked more 8 weeks with a good heart rate and measured 1.9cm he didn't seemed concerned and said i conceived on the 30th so that puts me at 8 weeks but 6 weeks of real pregnancy. does this make sense to anyone? :nope: cause i feel like im going crazy talking to myself with no answers. i booked myself into a privet clique and gynaecologist this Friday. im hoping someone reassures me that this is normal or the baby magically grows a few weeks in a few days.

p.s my son was conceived on the 30th of jan and the estimated due date is the same. wow

We knew the due date for our little girl from dates of last period etc but at what we'd worked out to be our 12 week scan.... she measured 9 weeksand kept following that size on scans.... yet she was born on the date we thought she would be! Swear she was just a small baby on scans. She does have her medical problems now but nothing that came because of her size or weight.

May be different for you but I hope it's something as simple as that xx

thanks for your reply i really hope so. ive just been jumpy this time round since i have server depression and suffer from insomnia. i have been taking sleeping pills and a form of prozac since last year i just hope i stopped the meds on time since i had a feeling something was up. my generalist is really concerned and even told me that an abortion would be better. shes scaring me about abnormalities but the gyno just waved it off when i told him and said everythings fine.

Hi Hannah,

Sorry I've only just seen your update I hope you've been OK since we last spoke.

I know it's hard but try not to worry until they find something as this will make you feel worse. Wish I could say something to help xx

Wow I can't believe they suggested abortion?! Wtf?! That's such bad advice :nope:

I'd say that maybe your dates were just a little off? Plus ultrasounds aren't always 100% accurate for dating. Hoping for the best for you x

As long as the baby is following his own growth curve, it is fine.
It is also possible that u implanted late.. that can take up a week as well..
My son was always measuring behind on scans.. by 2-3 weeks.. but he stayed on his curve of 10 percentile till 38 weeks.. he was born at 6lbs, not extremely tiny, not big either..so be positive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->