Scan done today

eris

Reaction score
Woke up with massive cramping this morning and midwife ordered an ultrasound. Baby is measuring on target, was wiggling around, heart beat was 158 bpm. No reason could be found for the cramping other than possibly due to a UTI I was diagnosed with Saturday. Even though I didn't have any issues prior to today.

One other hiccup found though was a small 1 cm subchorionic hematoma. The ultrasonographer didn't seem concerned about it, but I had an ultrasound a month ago and it wasn't there at that point. I really don't know much about them. Can they develop at any point or was this thing there before and just got bigger??

P.S. I have no idea why my picture loaded sideways like that.

Attachments

• 20131216_135921.jpg
    20131216_135921.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 22
What a cute Lil peanut! Glad everything is ok :) idk what a subchorionic hematoma is... Hope everythings ok with that!

Aw Lovely pic :baby:

I have to wait until 2/1/14 for my next one!

Between 5w and 11w I had 6 u/s done, with some bleeding and sporting at 6 and 7 weeks. No explanations for the bleeding. At about 7 weeks, one of the technicians wrote that I was suspect of SCH and I saw it myself on the screen. This was after last spotting incident. However, by 8w6d, there was nothing shown at u/s.

So, these being said, there could be two scenarios: one, if it is indeed a SCH, you might experience some bleeding, or, it might be totally absorbed by the body and you'll be fine by the next scan.

So let's hope is the second scenario :)

Nice pic and sounds like a great scan overall. I don't know anything about sch but a lot of ladies on the forum had them and shared many positive experiences. Happy and healthy 9 months!

So, these being said, there could be two scenarios: one, if it is indeed a SCH, you might experience some bleeding, or, it might be totally absorbed by the body and you'll be fine by the next scan.

So let's hope is the second scenario :)

I did have some spotting for about a week and a half in the beginning, but I haven't had anything since and I had my first scan at 6 weeks and it showed nothing. I asked if I should expect to bleed and she said probably not as it was so small. It just bothers me that it wasn't there to begin with. maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill.

They called me today and have me scheduled for another scan in 2 weeks.

Thanks ladies!

I have a sch....or had one. It was said to be small, but at the last scan my doctor couldn't find it. She said if either healed or is healing. I had spotting around 4w3d, but had a moderate bleed at 5w2d. Didn't soak a pad or anything, but it filled the toilet paper when I wiped and it was bright red. I started spotting this weekend again - most likely from moving boxes. Dumb move.

My doctor didn't put me on rest, but honestly take it easy. No sex, no working out. When/if you get cramps, put your feet up and drink water.

They say they're not that big of a deal and most clear up by 20 weeks. I'm so thankful for my doppler so I can reassure myself whenever I want/need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->