Scan Great Wednesday-Miscarried Sunday at 9 weeks :'(

Callie A

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am just writing to get it off my chest really....

I had a small brown smear on the toilet paper tuesday...went for scan Wednesday and everything was fine, with a Fetal Heart Beat and no signs of a bleed anywhere on there...
Phew!

Then saturday night i started getting a sore lower back and pains in my stomach...and bit more blood...its had turned al light red :(

Sunday morning at about 530 i woke up to a very bad pain in my lower stomach and went to the loo...blood and clots and tissue were just falling out....

I sat there for nearlly 2 hours bleeding and then thought i better get to the hospital...

Just in time to loose the whole Sac and alot of thick tissue..most likely afterbirth...
I was (am) devastated...

But afterwards i just kept getting these bad pains-contractions apparently and i lost alot of blood....
I ended up having to get a drip put in for fluids and morphine too and had to stay in hospital all day...
Bleeding ended up slowing by the end of the day so they let me home after having a fair bit of fluid put through the drip...

This was the most terrible experience....ever!!

I really want to start trying again asap...

What are everyones thoughts on this-any of your doctors give you advise on when...

My doc said no intercourse for 2 weeks...and if we fall again soon thats great..but dont go hardcore trying for about 2 months...

That feels like such a long time!!

Thanks for reading my big long story....
I just felt i needed to talk to other people that have experienced this too....

Callie xo

First off, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I've had amazing ultrasounds too and miscarried days later so I know how it feels. :hugs: As for your post, the no intercourse bit is to help prevent infection and quite frankly, I am not up for bd-ing that soon after a m/c anyway. The two month waiting period is just a blanket time limit they throw out there. I've been told to wait anywhere from 3 months (or 3 cycles whichever comes first) to a year but I've always gotten pg within 3-8 months of a miscarriage or pregnancy. The one thing I would be a bit concerned about is the amount of blood you lost. I know someone who lost enough blood they were considering a blood transfusion at one point. She was told she could die if she got pregnant before her blood supply was built back up. I don't want to scare you but I do think you need to talk to your doctor about it before trying again. Hopefully they give you the all-clear and you can start ttc right away. Good luck!

I m so so sorry for your loss. It was the same for me...good scan with hb at 9w5d no hb at 11w1d :(
My doc told me to wait 2 cycles and we did (that was actually 3 months as first af took 8 weeks to come) and i got pg right after but sadly mc'ed again at 6w5d. My doc then told me to wait at least 6 months. I just couldnt wait that long and got pg withing a month (before first af)... My dd is 15months!
I guess it s kind of a bluring picture as to how long you have to wait but i d sure ask about the blood loss effect. Good luck hun and i m hear if you ever want to talk

Thanks so much ladies!!!
Im so sorry to you too about miscarrying...

It took us a bit over a year to fall-and a month ago was told by gyno doc that we would have to either do ivf or icsi...and in the mean time he was going to prescribe me with clomid 50mg...days 2-6...
Bang!! It worked first go...unfortunatly with a bad outcome...
So i dont know when or if il be using that again-but it obviously helped-as a year without conceiving, then a month of clomid and we were pregnant...

Its so good to hear from someone else about this...as its hard talking to anyone about it-because noone new we were pregnant-i was about a week or 2 off telling them as i was starting to get a noticable bump happening!!

With the blood loss-doc said it will take a week-maybe 2 to build back up-so must have been a big bleed ...but not enough for a blood transfusion tho...

I understand the whole no sex for 2 weeks-which is fine because emotionally i dont actually feel like it at all anyways!

And the 2 months waiting time doc told me-could more than likely be one cycle for me anyway as i have longer cycles...not quite 2 months...but sometimes close to 40 days...

I guess il just sit tight and wait for AF to turn up and go from there...that way if i do fall again i have a better idea of how far along and due dates etc...

Thanks so much xo

Has your Blood HB been checked? I had a similar experience, lost a lot of blood and then I needed a blood transfusion / fluids etc and then some iron tablets. If you are anaemic post MC it's very hard to get pregnant.

However it's only taken me about 4-5 weeks to get right and we are waiting for first AF then will start trying.

Hi,

Yes i had HB done along with other blood tests the same day i had the all clear ulstrasounds-numbers were 129...
And then another blood test done the day i miscarried and the number went down to 116...
By the afternoon, i didnt hear what the numbers were but doc said they had risen enough for me to be able to go home...

Il just wait, and see my doc in a weeks time...and go from there i guess...

Thanks so much for all your replies...xo

Could I ask, have you had a scan to see if everything has gone? I don't mean to be graphic bit I'm in a similar situation and after a GP
Appointment last night, I thought he may have sent me for a scan to check everything was clear? I just wondered if you had one? I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so devastating xxx

Thanks Ladies..
Its so devastating!!!

I have been to the docs and he said if i dont stop bleeding by friday il have to go for a scan...

But it has all but gone this morning...so hopefully all is good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->