Scan has been cancelled :(

Nicola83

Reaction score
I wrote the other week saying that my scan was booked on the date of the midwife strike (Monday 13th Oct) but that i'd been told by the hospital that it would still be going ahead.

Got a phonecall yesterday to say that my appointment has been cancelled and at the moment they have no idea when it's likely to be rearranged to.

I'm gutted :'( After a MC in June this 12 weeks has dragged by sooo slowly and i'm finally here and will have to wait even longer.

I can't believe my bad luck in that of the 4 hour strike i've somehow managed to find myself within it!

Is this your '12 week scan'? They have to do that one within a certain window don't they? I think I would be back on to them to get another appointment, and certainly since I imagine you want reassurance after your loss. Hope you get something sorted out.

I just hope this is just a 1 off strike. Although I completely sympathise with the midwives and why they would be doing this, for selfish reasons I don't want them to be striking now!

Is this your '12 week scan'? They have to do that one within a certain window don't they? I think I would be back on to them to get another appointment, and certainly since I imagine you want reassurance after your loss. Hope you get something sorted out.

I just hope this is just a 1 off strike. Although I completely sympathise with the midwives and why they would be doing this, for selfish reasons I don't want them to be striking now!

Yes my 12 week scan. They're supposed to do them between 11w and 13w6d according to the booklet my midwife gave me, so it can't be delayed by more than a week and a bit.

I was more miffed that they had no idea when the appointments were going to be rescheduled to. Cancelling is one thing but not offering an alternative straight away isn't good enough IMO.

I also sympathise with them but agree for selfish reasons I wished they'd just delay the strike for a bit!

Oh no!! that's not fair at all! I understand they need to take action, but not to give you another date is wrong.

You only need to have the scan within those dates if your having the NT Measurements done for Downs syndrome? If you are booked for that i would be ringing back to find out when they are going to rebook you! x

I hope they can reschedule your appointment soon! I'd be so upset too :(

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->