Scan measuring 5 weeks instead of 7...

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
OK, so I saw my MW yesterday who referred me for an early scan this morning.

All they saw was a gestational sac measuring 5 weeks :cry:

They seem positive that everything is progressing as it should and that I'm just behind on the dates I think I am but I'm 99% convinced that my dates are right which should mean I'm 6+6 today

I've had bloods taken today which at 5362 and I go back on Sunday for more and to see where we go from here :nope:

I am praying everything is just early but I can't help but think the worst

:flow:

Prayers for you!! Look at some stories from google...this has happened to so many women, and by the next ultrasound, the baby was seen with a nice strong hb!! Don't lose hope!

We only dtd 2x during my fertile time, so I know pretty much exactly when we conceived. When I went in and thought I was over 8 weeks, they told me I was 8 days behind. I was crushed! They said everything looked great though. I had to go back 11 days later due to spotting and baby was fine. In fact, baby had caught up and was measuring 2 days ahead! Huge growth spurt in those 11 days.

Try not to worry too much. Early scan are hard to measure - they're dealing with millimeters. And one millimeter one way or another is a week or two. lol :hugs:

Hi gosh only the other day I was posting almost the same I went for an early scan thinking was 6+1 and was measuring 4+5 only a sac I was so negative and worried ridiculously worried as kind of knew my dates or thought I did anyway 10 days later I should have been 6+1 by their dates anyway she measured me 5+ 4 but with a yolk sac and a possible heartbeat I was still so worried because she kept moving my dates back anyhow yesterday went for a private scan and there was beanie and a heartbeat and measuring 7+2 I know it can go either way I'm counting myself as very lucky but I wished I'd just listened to my body I was having lots of symptoms yet I still made myself ill with worry because of the measurements. Try to do lots of nice things to take your mind off it I know it's hard I've got my fingers crossed for you xxxx

Try not to worry too much as the only way to know when you ovulated for sure is by charting your bbt so you could be later than you think. The time between 5-8 weeks is amazing as far as fetal development so hang in there!

Pandi - I had blood tests this month to confirm Ovulation so I kind of *know* when I ovulated. I'm hoping the science of making a baby just doesn't add up and that everything will be ok

HCG came back at 5362 and will be getting them taken again on Sunday. I'm scheduled for a rescan within 7-14 days depending. I hate the waiting around :nope: I've been here before and was an MMC :cry: everything measured 5/6 weeks and by dates I was 9 weeks. I knew it was too far out and it was so it just feels like a repeat of then. I guess time will tell

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->