scan on thursday and terrified!

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hi, I kinda just want a place to say how I am feeling. I had a mmc last august-found out at the 12 week scan that baby stopped growing at 8w3d and now I am 10w2d but I am probably closer to 9w4d as my cycle length was 33 days. Anyway I am so scared for my scan on thursday that I will have had another mmc. I can't talk to my oh about this because I don't want to worry him over my irrational fears..

Part of me doesn't want to go to the scan because I am too scared in case I get bad news again but of course I am going to go..how is everyone else doing? I feel like I am overly paranoid...

Believe I don't find any ultrasound to be exciting anymore until I see the bean! Just take a deep breath and know that if you haven't had cramping or bleeding then your probably okay!!

I'm having the same fears :cry:... I had a mmc before my dd and it was so traumatic, baby measured almost a week behind but strong heart beat and when we went back at 10 weeks baby had stopped growing a few days before and heart had stopped.. with my dd she always measured exactly right.. and now this baby measured exactly right first ultrasound at 5+6 and 3 days behind at 6+6... so it's stressful for me thinking it could all happen again.. I go for my next scan on Tuesday so just 2 days away and I'm absolutely terrified! !!!!!! We are ready for a second child and I don't want this baby to be taken away from us!!! I too don't talk about it often because I feel like sharing my fears makes people uncomfortable and they always want to change the subject and not acknowledge baby.. o well, only time will tell!!! I do trust that God is in control and ultimately what happens will happen, it's out of our hands ... but I am praying that all is well Tuesday !!!

winterbabies, yeah that's what I told myself last time though but with my mmc I never even had spotting :( almost wish I did so at least I would have been more prepared for the news we got.

pinkpassion, fingers crossed that everything is ok for you :) I'm sure it will be, it's the not knowing part that is terrifying, I think scans should be done weekly ha. Ugh yeah I know people just want to shrug it off which is frustrating. Part of me wishes I had gone for an early scan but I told my GP I wanted to wait it out until about 10 weeks, I didn't want to go too early because at 10 weeks at least the chance of a mc has dropped so less likely something will go wrong if all is ok at this scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->