Scan photos onto computer?

Marleysgirl

Mum to a SCBU Warrior!
Reaction score
Got my first scan on Monday (just 12 weeks at that point) ....

They've suggested in the letter that we bring two £1 coins to get two prints of the scan (why do I have visions of a "photo-me" booth?)

But we don't have a flat-bed scanner with which to scan those pics and then upload them here / there / everywhere!

Anybody know whether you can take photos of the actual monitor with a camera or phone-camera, and how good it might turn out? Or should I be trying to take a photo of the scan print?

Ideas please!

Hiya Hun, Taking a pic of the monitor will be a bit like taking a pic of your TV so the quality wont be great. I took pictures with my mobile and they weren't too bad (I needed to email them to the MIL). The secret is making sure you get the light right so it is bright but not reflecting off the pic. You could also take them to a local jessops or other photography shop and see if they will scan them for you. Though obviously you have to pay for that.

I know my hospital does the same at the 20 week scan and asks for a £1 a print, the money raised goes to a children's charity. My DH can't make it to the 20 week scan as he is going to be away from the start of June til the start of Dec (back most weekends thankfully) so I'm going to take at least twenty quid and get as many pics as possible so that he can be as close to the event as possible!!

Have you ever seen the scrap books which people make? I'm starting one for my LO this weekend with his/her scan pictures so they are worth having for that as well.

Have fun at your scan, its pretty amazing :hug:

Wow!! £1 is cheap..they are £6.50 in our local hosp!!!!

Ive taken pictures with cam as we dont have scanner either

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"