Scan question?

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
I had my growth scan yeat and was wondering if anyone knew what measurement the machine measures the AFI (amniotic fluid index) in.. Cos i seen 5.36 on the screen when she measured but she said it was all ok? Mind u cons asked me to go back for scan and ANC in 4 weeks rather than the already arranged 6 weeks??

Didn't want to read and run but I don't have a clue :(
you could always try and google it?

sorry i have no idea. But if the tech said its fine i wouldnt worrie to much. Maybe they want to see you alittle early because your numbers are just below high if that makes sense. Sorry i will be stocking this thread as i will get a growth scan on monday due to fundal measurments being 5 weeks ahead of what they should. So i will be stocking this thread GL

Jus googled. Still dunno what they measure IN but apparently normal is 5-25. So my only being .36 over normal maybe thats why they want me back sooner?

Not sure what they measure in either..but since you're on the lower side, they are probably just being extra cautious and watching you closely. All the best xx

Yeah i think that too. Jus read up and low afi can cause iugr, my son was iugr so they prob are jus bein cautious

They measure in cm and my max pool was noted at 5cm. Don't know if this helps at all xx

I think it might be were they measure four pockets of fluid to check your levels 5cm is the lower level, I had low fluid with my daughter and was given extra checks because of it. Didn't cause any complications was just advised to increase fluid intake.

They measure in cm and my max pool was noted at 5cm. Don't know if this helps at all xx

Are you getting regular check ups?

Yeah I go back on Friday for another scan to check for restricted growth.

I just googled it and it says that a max pool of between 2cm and 8cm is normal, it is when the combined pools equal less than 5cm then it is more of a concern.
Was it total mass or was it your max pool that was noted at 5.34cm? It should say on your scan report.

Rhats a good point actually, I hadnt thought of that and tbh, i dunno. I only saw her measure one site for water level though. She just wrote "normal" in my notes, i guess the exact level would be in my hosp notes. She def only measured one though, she did head then belly then leg then water and that was it

She wouldn't have wrote normal if it wasn't. She would have to write if there was something she suspected to be wrong. Try not to worry =)

Nah but even if it was combined it'd be normal at 5.36 with normal range bein 5-25. It did seem odd that they changed the scan too tho cos it was all booked in etc, made me wonder what difference 2wks makes if theres absolutely no concerns, ya know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->