Scan today after bleeding

Anniebobs

Mum of 1 & due in Nov
Reaction score
I had some bleeding yesterday so got in for a scan today, was thinking the worst with my previous history (3 mcs including one at 13 weeks) but baby was there wriggling away and measuring a day ahead. Now I've had 2 good scans I'm starting to believe I'm going to have this baby. Can start getting excited now! Just wish my body would stop scaring me like that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 16
Aw so cute! Glad everything went well!
Did they say what the reason was for bleeding?

Aw so cute! Glad everything went well!
Did they say what the reason was for bleeding?

Thanks :cloud9: No they couldn't find a reason for it, but the doctor said that's a good thing because whatever it was it's not affecting baby. I had the same at 6 weeks and they couldn't see why then either. It's just totally random :shrug:

Thanks Annie, I've been having brown spotting since week 6 and worried. I scheduled a reassurance scan this evening. Hope my outcome is good like yours!

Thanks Annie, I've been having brown spotting since week 6 and worried. I scheduled a reassurance scan this evening. Hope my outcome is good like yours!

Good luck for tonight. Keep thinking positively, you will see a happy, healthy little baby!

Such a sweet picture!!! It's so reassuring seeing them and their little hearts beating away!

I'm 14+2 and I had brownish bleeding on about 5 occasions in first trimester - I had scans after each bleed and everything was fine.

It's really worrying having a bleed but for some women (including me) this just seems to be 'normal'. I haven't had any bleeding since the first tri. When you think about everything that is going on down there, it really isn't surprising. 'Not normal but common' was the phrase I heard.

Sometimes it's the cervix that bleeds. Pregnancy makes you have a bigger blood supply to that whole area which makes your cervix more prone to bleeds.

How did your scan go nina? Hope you got to see the little one!

I didn't want to highjack this thread!
Scan went well, little HB and measuring almost up to date!
Breathing a little easier today :)

Great news OP and great news Nina!!!

I've only had one day so far where I haven't spotted/bled :wacko: Scan isn't til next week, but I had the same thing last pregnancy. If it's the cervix, even a BM can set it off :flower:

I didn't want to highjack this thread!
Scan went well, little HB and measuring almost up to date!
Breathing a little easier today :)

Aww I'm so glad to hear it went well! Dates are always a little funny this early, main thing is there's a heartbeat :happydance: congratulations!

Great news OP and great news Nina!!!

I've only had one day so far where I haven't spotted/bled :wacko: Scan isn't til next week, but I had the same thing last pregnancy. If it's the cervix, even a BM can set it off :flower:

Good luck with your scan next week. At least you know it's normal for you, I never had this with dd so was definitely a bit freaked at first. Starting to chill a bit now though! I think these babies just like keeping us on our toes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->