Scan today. Not sure how to feel.

doodlegirl

Reaction score
I had my second scan today (7+2). It was internal and we had a really clear pic, we could see such difference from last time and lovely hb. However the baby measured 6+6 (8.7 mm). I asked if its ok and the nurse said it's give and take and all is fine. I know I should stop worrying but I cant help it. Do you think its ok? also I think I ovulated on cd 16 so that would make sense right?

I think it's fine, you're not measuring that far behind. Sizes vary at this stage, the baby will definitely grow hun. Don't worry - just keep taking your prenatals and eating healthy :) Good luck x

Thank you. I have calmed down a bit. Worrying is not going to help anything and as soon as there is a nice hb I will stay positive. I have another scan on 16.9. so we will see. thank you.

Yes, I think it's fine too. I was being scanned weekly from 6 weeks on bc of being high risk and I was always out on my dates. One week I'd measure ahead by a day or 2 or even 3, and then the next week I'd be behind. On my OBs ultrasound machine, beside the date that comes up when they measure, there is a +-6, which, as my OB explained, is bc the date can be off by 6 days either way and everything still be normal. !Good luck!

My LMP dated me at 8.5 weeks, then at my early scan they put me back to 8.5 weeks which I thought was bang on because I have 35 day cycles, then at my "12 week scan" I was measuring 4 days over that! It does chop and change a lot, I'd not be worried one bit! Congrats xxx

Babies can measure up a week behind or in front. Your talking mm so early on. One of my twins measured 5 days off then took over and became 3 days ahead. You got to remember no human being us the exact same size and neither babies..

Please try not to worry about it. It is only an estimate. The baby isn't always going to be in the exact position to get the perfect estimate. If the baby has a good HB all is good. :)

At my 7+5 scan, I was dated all the way back at 6+2 :/ And their measuring said around 8.9mm. I wish I had another scan soon, but with the timing and my travels, I can't get in again until 13/10/14! I have a long wait!

I had my second scan today (7+2). It was internal and we had a really clear pic, we could see such difference from last time and lovely hb. However the baby measured 6+6 (8.7 mm). I asked if its ok and the nurse said it's give and take and all is fine. I know I should stop worrying but I cant help it. Do you think its ok? also I think I ovulated on cd 16 so that would make sense right?

Thank you for your kind words ladies. I do believe everything is fine

They will not be doing weekly scans like my consultant promised so I booked the one on 16.9. privately. eventerjii would that be an option for you? btw. my baby measured 8.7mm on 7+2 and the were not concerned. you seem to be very similar, I just dont understand why they would put you at 6+2 if your baby is bigger than mine.i hope all turns out to be ok for you.

Had a scan today and baby measured only 1 day behind which they said is perfect, strong hb and had a little wiggle for us. I am starting to believe that this is IT. x

My Dr. said any measurements within 5 days is good. I measured 3 days behind at my 6 week 4 day scan but then 2 days ahead at my 8 week 6 day appointment.
As you can see they can vary from scan to scan :)

Don't worry Hun. They allow for 5 days discrepancy either way.

thanks ladies. im not worried, im very happy about the scan actually. english is not my first language so I was probably not clear. just wanted to do an update. thank you. xxx

Happy 9 weeks!
I know how nerve wrecking it can be!
My babe was measuring smaller by a couple of days and even by a week once, but then at 15 weeks she was spot on and has been since.
Babies like to make us worry and grow at their own pace.
Hope you have a very boring pregnancy!

i was 5 days ahead on mine. It made no sense to me but the midwife said they do it on size now instead of last period. She said theres been alot more girls induced sunce and she thinks its not the best way of measuring it. So im sure its ok. Maybee its too early. the first scan in the uk is 12 weeks so maybee its too early to tell if your baby is curled up loads xx

They will not be doing weekly scans like my consultant promised so I booked the one on 16.9. privately. eventerjii would that be an option for you? btw. my baby measured 8.7mm on 7+2 and the were not concerned. you seem to be very similar, I just dont understand why they would put you at 6+2 if your baby is bigger than mine.i hope all turns out to be ok for you.

Thanks! It isn't possible to get a private scan as we are living in China and are going to the only western hospital in our area already. We are also leaving for a 2 week trip back to the States next Friday and the oh real OB office in our town won't touch me since I won't be doing other care there :( I'm resigned to waiting almost another month but I am really excited to get to the appointment!

Sounds 100% fine to me!

Sophie was 3 days behind at a scan I had at 7+3.

3 days is a negligible amount, honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->