Scan Today 'Restricted by Adiposity'

moo2

Mommy to George
Reaction score
Had my 20 week scan today and all seems well! :happydance:

Still on team yellow...

Left feeling very happy, till I showed my sister my notes...

My ultrasound scan report said the view was 'restricted by adiposity' so I asked her what it meant as she's a nurse...

It means FAT!!!

So basically they couldn't see my baby properly cos of my big wobbly belly... :blush:

Anyone else had this on their scan notes?

no i havent .. but omg did they write that in your notes ... r u sure thats what i means?

Yep she was right, just googled, i can't believe they put that!! x

it didnt say that on mine but it did say "technically difficult scan due to high bmi" kinda the same thing tho

cheeky buggers lol

As if!! I have my scan on friday and have been worrying about whether they will be able to say baby or not because i'm a heavier girl! We are going to be on team yellow so not worried about whether they can see the parts or not, just hope they can see everything else!
Will they give you another scan further along??

Can't believe they wrote that! :hissy: Cheeky beggars.

:hug: Hope you get another scan soon hun.

mine also said : repeat to complete: reason: awkward position and BMI lol

i was like i knowww im not a size 10 FFS!! lol

xxxxxxxxx

OMG!!!! I cant believe they put that!!! How rude of them!!!!!!

I had that on mine too, but i was only a size 12 before i got pg, makes you feel good dont it, lol.

How very rude! I'll be peeved if they put something like that in my notes. I can't believe they wrote that.

I had my scan yesterday and was looking at the notes and at the bottom noticed something along the lines of 'Scan difficult due to increased BMI' - basically my big fat belly got in the way! Oh well, never mind - all was healthy with LO so that's the main thing. I'm not going to get hung up on it - I know I've got a big belly and it was pretty obvious to the lady doing the scan too, no doubt!

They put on mine difficult due to patients habitance or sumthin at my 12 week scan but i had one at 9 weeks and saw perfectly, i think it jus depends how good the nurse is! Bloody cheeek tho, way to make u feel good! x

yep all my scan notes say Restricted by Adiposity lol! i wouldnt worry about it hun, i suppose they have to put it, i googled it when i saw it on my notes and was glad i never asked them i woulda been so embarassed, especially as they said it means fat! they could have said it a bit nicer than that xx

I haven't and I am HUGE!!! MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger than you guys. Bloody hell, although I'd have chuckled if she'd have put that. I just laugh it off now, what can I do about it atm after all.

I guess they just have to type it , Dont google girls lol .
Size i dont think allways matters ... Iam a size 10 and they still couldnt get measurments of my baby so proves sometimes there just rubbish at scanning lol . xx .

As if!! I have my scan on friday and have been worrying about whether they will be able to say baby or not because i'm a heavier girl! We are going to be on team yellow so not worried about whether they can see the parts or not, just hope they can see everything else!
Will they give you another scan further along??

Sorry pinkmac I didn't mean to worry anyone, they got all the details they needed and didn't mention there was any problems during the scan. You'll be fine too I'm sure xxxx :hugs:

Can't believe they wrote that! :hissy: Cheeky beggars.

:hug: Hope you get another scan soon hun.

Ahh thanks for the support :hugs:

They got everything they needed so no need for another scan, guess my belly can't be that bad afterall! :rofl:

I had my scan yesterday and was looking at the notes and at the bottom noticed something along the lines of 'Scan difficult due to increased BMI' - basically my big fat belly got in the way! Oh well, never mind - all was healthy with LO so that's the main thing. I'm not going to get hung up on it - I know I've got a big belly and it was pretty obvious to the lady doing the scan too, no doubt!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I suppose when you put it like that....

yep all my scan notes say Restricted by Adiposity lol! i wouldnt worry about it hun, i suppose they have to put it, i googled it when i saw it on my notes and was glad i never asked them i woulda been so embarassed, especially as they said it means fat! they could have said it a bit nicer than that xx

Thanks Charlie, good to hear I'm not alone! It was my 'nursey' sister that told me it meant fat! You can always rely on your family for honesty! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->