scan tomorrow 7+3 for bleeding...what to expect? UPDATED

KimmyLou

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a scan tomorrow...had spotting a week ago which was Brown. Loads of cramps and now red bleeding. Not very heavy but i need to use a pad.
Has anyone had an early scan that could tell me what I should expect. Very worried and hoping to see a hb if all is well. Thanks x

I had a early scan due to spotting etc.

Mine was transvaginal.. Which I was super scared about but it was actually ok!

I had to wait for an hour. And empty my bladder just before I went in! Then you lie on a bed with your legs up whilst a sonographer stick a probe type thing inside you.

It looks scary but honestly it's just the tip that goes in. My lady was really nice and explained everything.

Don't worry you will be fine.

Also don't panic if they don't show you anything straight away they checked my ovaries etc first! Xx
Hugs x

I had one yesterday at 7+4. They were able to see a bit abdominally but not enough for clear measurements so moved to vaginal. If you go to my "Red bleeding 2 sacs" thread there's a picture on post 90. I have 2 sacs, one developing and one empty. In the developing sac there was a yolk sac, and a tiny embryo that just looked like a blob. They saw a heart beat.

I had my scan and saw bubbles and a hb. However it's crl is only 4.8mm (which equals 4-5 weeks pg) and I've an irregular shaped yolk sac. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks x

I had my scan and saw bubbles and a hb. However it's crl is only 4.8mm (which equals 4-5 weeks pg) and I've an irregular shaped yolk sac. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks x

At 4-5 weeks pregnant the crl is nothing. Fetal pole still isn't visible. This will be the case of them dating the pregnancy from conception as opposed to LMP/14days before conception. In which case 4 to 5 weeks pregnant becomes 6 to 7 weeks pregnant and a crl of 4.8mm is about right.

I really hope so...I've been worrying more since the scan than before!! Xx

Did the doctor seem concerned? At my last scan Monday, the hb was 155 which doc said was great but when I got back on the boards it seemed like everyone else had a hb for 165-175 and I totally started to worry. But DH reminded me that doctor's know what they're doing & if they're not concerned it's a good thing.

She just said that we had to wait and see what happens...she said she couldn't measure the heart rate yet either xx

Hmmm yeah I was. 6 weeks and my crl was 4-4.5 !!! So I would say maybe your just a couple off days behind u fort u were did you track ovulation precisely. ! X

Ok, good luck!! When is your next appt?

Hmmm yeah I was. 6 weeks and my crl was 4-4.5 !!! So I would say maybe your just a couple off days behind u fort u were did you track ovulation precisely. ! X

I think I ovulated around day 18 which would make me a couple of days out. So I should be possibly 7 weeks now x

Ok, good luck!! When is your next appt?

I don't have a follow up scan but I have my mw booking appt next weds so gonna speak to her about it all. If I have any more bleeding, I have been told to get straight back in touch with them for a follow up
The dr didn't seem to care much about me today...just her students in the room. Xx

I also had an early scan yesterday for brown spotting which I am now told was implantation bleeding.

My baby measured 8mm which I was told was 6 and a half weeks. I expected to be 7+4 so my dates were out.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->