Scan tomorrow - scared and worried. UPDATED

glong88

Mummy to 2 boys and a princess
Reaction score
I've had alot of period like cramps since Saturday and I spoke to my doctor today and because I had a miscarriage last month they want me to go for a scan first thing tomorrow morning

By my dates I'll only be 5 plus 3 so worried I won't see much anyways...

Anyone had a scan that early and saw baby?

I'm currently five weeks four days and yesterday my Dr offered to do a scan today, but I told him it was short notice for my hubby and scheduled it for next week. I asked him out of curiosity if you can hear the heartbeat at 5.4 weeks and he said most of the time yes unless the dates are off by a few days. I was surprised to hear that. So as long as he's right, you may get to see baby and hear the heartbeat! Good luck!

Just wanted to wish you luck on your scan.
I've had loads of cramping in my pregnancy so far, some days really painful but everything seems to be going well.

x

Good luck glong :hugs: following to see how everything goes!

Good luck. I'm sure this time tomorrow you'll be feeling much more relaxed. :flower:

I had a scan at 5w 3 days and all I saw was the gestational sack...then one at 6w 2 days and saw the sack with a yolk... it's perfectly normal to not see the hb til 7/8 weeks! Don't fret too much if you don't see anything x

At 6+5 they only found gestational sack and fetal pole, at 8 weeks a heartbeat.. There will be very little to see but you will get reassurance things are heading in the right direction :flower:

Scan showed sac and yolk but no baby. They put me between 5 and 5 and half I put myself 5 plus 3 so about right sac was 12 min I believe.

Repeat scan 2 weeks today.

Sounds like everything's how it should be looking for your stage. Glad they going to scan you again in two weeks. :flower:

Sounds good glong, that all sounds right for 5+3 or 5+5.
All that could be found with me at 6+2 was sac and fetal pole, no hb until after 7 weeks. Doc said that's totally normal.
So your next scan should show a nice heartbeat in 2 weeks!

That sounds perfectly fine. At 5w6d the tech saw a sac measuring on target (5w6d, which matched my dates). However, the sac was completely empty. No yolk, no fetal pole, no heartbeat. I lived in limbo for weeks until my 11 week NT scan, at which point they found a perfect little baby measuring exactly what it should have been for my dates. I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. Definitely keep thinking positive. Everything looks great for you right now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->