scans?

pegi

Reaction score
hi ladies, i will apologize in advance as i really dont no what im asking you! ive had 2 miscarraiges with both i have had a early scan around 5-6 weeks then afew days after the scan i have started to bleed, now i know its probaly nothing to do with the scan but its really putting me off having one this time. i'm due to go on monday when i'll be 6 w 4d for a early scan and bloods checked but i just don't know what to do, i'm desperate to see the baby but scared aswell.....any opinions? im so confused i've not discussed this with my husband yet as i dont really know what to say:shrug:

Maybe you should just wait till you're a bit further.. if the scan is just for reassurance then it's your choice to pick when to see baby. You could just have an 8 week scan instead if all goes well, so it doesn't feel like a repeat <3
A scan is unlikely to prevent a problem unless you've been feeling pain, so just waiting another week or two might help you to feel confident and not be scared of the scan.
There is not always much to see on a six week scan anyway.

Those are just my thoughts X

I'm sorry about your previous losses, and if you don't want an early scan you certainly don't have to have one. The scan will not cause a miscarriage though. I had 3 m/c b/4 my successful pregnancy, and I was terrified before my first scan bc I was so afraid of seeing nothing or it having no heartbeat. I had mine at 6w2d and got to see a little bean w/ a good heartbeat. I still couldn't ompletly relax but I did feel a bit better. Like I said though, it's up to you. There's no medical reason for an early scan unless something like an ectopic is suspected. And again, a scan will not cause a m/c, but if you are worried that it could, please speak with your doctor so you can feel more reassured. Good luck.

I agree with try waiting until 8weeks:)

thank you for your replies, can they do a abdominal scan at 8weeks rather than vaginal?

No, an abdominal won't see much this early on. :(

You could get blood tests to make sure your hcg is still rising appropriately. Not my favorite thing to do, but I was happy to get reassurance things were moving along as they should.

yes they are doing my bloods...its all so worrying and so many 'what if's' im desperatley trying to stay positive and keep telling myself that this is it this time...but then the niggles sneak in!

Yeah you can see on abdo one at 8 weeks I have a complete retro flexed unterus tips really far back and we saw baby at 8 weeks on abdo !

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->