Scans?

My "old midwife" because i decided to not go with her, got upset when I told her i wanted 2 scans. One at 12 weeks because i have a high chance of twin, every generation has had them in my family. and to see how the baby is measuring and where the placenta is. Then i wanted another scan at 20 weeks, to make sure the baby was developed correctly and that the baby would have no problems and to see what the gender is. She was upset with me when I said those were my reasons why i wanted two scans. She told me and my husband , "Well you know how we "midwifes" feel about ultrasounds", that we could see all that information at the 20 week scan. I felt shunned for wanted two done. Needless to say, I felt that it is my right as a mother to know how my baby is doing, after all I am paying her to help bring my baby into this world and not for her opinion on what i want to do during my pregnancy. My husband and I both work in the medical field and we felt going to a hospital they would be poking and be pushy to "get things started" as they had done to my sister. But i never would have thought that the other side of the birthing community would be the same way. So I'm now on the look out for a new midwife, who will do everything I want. And not put in her in put when i do not ask for it. I say do what you feel is right

I booked in my 20 week scan, 16th of November! (I'll be 19+5 but it was OH's day off that week and I thought MIL's but she's swapping her shift so will work out). But I have decided to go without a Doppler and use that wooden thingy (can never remember that name lol) unless my MW feels like we *have* to doppler, and I will use it during my birth so I don't have to get out of the water. Seems crazy to me how many people buy their own doppler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->