Scared about ttc

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
those of you who planned to ttc - did you get scared when the time came ???

I do want to have a baby - but am scared about being ill during pregnancy - I cannot cope with being sick or in pain, I am scared about the birth, I am scared about doing a good job as parents, scared about not having any money and how having a baby is going to change our lives ](*,)

Also scared that there will be problems or something will go wrong (work collegue lost her baby 1 month before due date, 1 has been trying for 5 years, IVF, ICI, egg donor, boss had IVF....

I am the sort of person that focuses on something and obsesses about it i.e our wedding was planned with military orders and took 3 years due to money but it was perfect and I cannot fault anything.

Now its having a baby and I so want to do this. Before its like :hissy: its a year away...........6 months .............. 4 months now I am scared !!!!!!! I don't want to use OPK's and get obsessed as I am scared that it will take over my life.

Is it normal to feel like this ??

i was petrified when first decided to ttc a couple of months ago and even now it scares me a little...sometimes a lot...! you just have to channel it into a good way and think of all the positive, joyous things that ttc brings :)

Mostly I'm excited but I do keep having fear moments and thinking "what if...?"

TBH I think its normal, its a huge step and I'd be more worried if we had no concerns at all.

Hi. My name is Mrs. X and I am a pee on a stick addict. You have joined the right forums and you will get all the support you need and want from here. Great bunch of gals. We are all scared - but we really rely on each other to answer the tough questions. My own family doesn't even know that I am TTC - so this forum is a life saver. Post lots and we'll talk you thru anything!

I know exactly what you are feeling....

I spent years yearning for a baby and when I met OH last February I knew he was the one for me and got engaged last Sept. We decided to start ttc at the end on June early July but changed our mind in May.

The whole time I was so scared that we wouldnt be good parents, cuold we afford this, what if there were problems etc etc...I spoke to OH about my fears but he seemed so calm and sure.

We got our BFP in August, we married in Sept 08 and even still I am scared at times. Little things like will my life be over(of course not!:dohh:) money, space, the birth argh....

I know deep down its gonna be the best thing ever but I guess you just cant imagine how your life will change until it does...then you cant remember life before.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Its fine to be a control freak with some things and by all means pee on sticks, take your temp 100 times a day if you want, but when you do get pg and have your lil bundle of joy you can control nothing. The little person that now lives with you will control your every move! But in a nice way, you can relax and not worry about anything, just the fact that you and your baby are well and happy is enough and nothing else really matters. Being a parent is fantastic (hard at times tho) but still fantastic and you will enjoy every second of it just relax and let it happen. Trust me you will have no regrets, there is never the perfect time for anything if we waited for the right time we would never do anything. Good luck TTC and enjoy it xxxx

Trust me I'm right there with you hon.

I'm scared.

Real scared.

BUT......I think its fine to be scared!!

I'm a total control freak too. I overplan everything and overanalyze everything too. I was really scared at first, but after a couple months of negatives my control freak side did make me one of those pee-on-a-stick-and-record-everything-in-a-journal TTC girls. Then I signed up on here yesterday, and I'm already addicted to this too. I'm totally excited almost all of the time, but I have my hot flash moments where I'm petrified too. I think I mostly worry about money because, well, you want to give your kids everything and make their life perfect. In reality, though, who knows if there's ever a perfect time. And who knows if it will take years to conceive? So you just do the best you can and realize that you can't control it. Try to realize it, anyway. And maybe obsess a little over the things you can control (hence the ovulation tests, charting, etc) since you can't control the actual conception. Good luck to you!

using opk wont make u obsessed hun it will tell u best time to:sex: i cud not be without them! good luck :) im not scared ,im scared of havin a M/C again :(

It is the hardest thing i've had to come to terms with. the fact that this is the one thing we cannot control! we cannot govern/demand our bodies to conceive and a child cannot be purchased only created through love - it is so easy to get impatient!

But with careful planning and loads of love, care and attention we produce a little soul to nurture and caress.

This is a special gift and the fact we welcome it is encouraging and allows our infinite love to be expressed in ways we could only dream of.
Our little ones will arrive one day and when they're ready we will welcome them with open arms!
To our Turn! :drunk:

Thank you everyone - I will have to address each thing and try to think positively - listen to me I haven't even started ttc yet and I am freaking out !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->