Scared about ttc

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Scared about ttc

those of you who planned to ttc - did you get scared when the time came ???

I do want to have a baby - but am scared about being ill during pregnancy - I cannot cope with being sick or in pain, I am scared about the birth, I am scared about doing a good job as parents, scared about not having any money and how having a baby is going to change our lives

Also scared that there will be problems or something will go wrong (work collegue lost her baby 1 month before due date, 1 has been trying for 5 years, IVF, ICI, egg donor, boss had IVF....

I am the sort of person that focuses on something and obsesses about it i.e our wedding was planned with military orders and took 3 years due to money but it was perfect and I cannot fault anything.

Now its having a baby and I so want to do this. Before its like its a year away...........6 months .............. 4 months now I am scared !!!!!!! I don't want to use OPK's and get obsessed as I am scared that it will take over my life.

Is it normal to feel like this ??

i think this is totally normal. this is a very big step so i would think it a bit odd if you didnt have any concerns! i worried every day of my pregnancy that something was going to 'go wrong' and i really wish i hadnt because i think i would've enjoyed it more. everyone knoes someone who has had a bad experience with one thing or another and this is the sort of thing that its so easy to obsess about, after all it is a child! try not to worry yourself, stress will not help the ttc! try focusing on the good things. think about all the ppl you know who have had happy and healthy pregnancies and positive labour experiences. dont listen to other peoples 'horror stories', every person is different, as is everybodys pregnancy and birth experiences. as for the sick thing i know exactly what you mean, i am terrified of being sick and luckily i had no ms at all. as for labour pain, there is plenty of pain relief available these days. i had gas n air and an epidural and would def reccomend it. keep in mind the saying "if you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain". good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->