Scared and confused

Fluxuspoem

Mama
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am fairly new to this site but I feel like I need to share my feelings so I hope I came to the right place.

I am currently approx 5.5 weeks pregnant ( DPO 18) but I had some pink spotting when I wiped in the toilet two days ago ( dpo 16). Due to a horrible previous experience with a missed miscarriage back in November and with a lot of on and off spotting, I am terrified that this is another miscarriage.:cry:

The spotting didnt appear again, but my doctor suggested that I take progesterone and really take it easy for the next week and see what happens. I also went to a private clinic the day of the spotting and tested my Hcgs which came up as 304 is that bad or good for 5.5 weeks of pregnancy? I am going to go back on Monday for a repeat but I really am so scared.

My real issue is that I dont feel that I have any pregnancy symptoms. I mean BBs are swollen but no pain and apart from that nothing else really!

Any advise from ladies out there that experienced pink spotting that wasnt implantation bleed on first trimester?

Thank you so much

UPDATE 16 APRIL 2009

Well after the above the pink bleeding stopped but 3 days ago I started spotting brown with tiny clumps. Its when I wipe and today I started wearing a mini pad. I am really loosing my hopes as this is how my previous missed miscarriage started. No pain, all symptoms here but brown spotting on and off. I also have lower back pain since the spotting started which is another sign that I had with my previous miscarriage.

My mum told me not to compare the two pregnancies but I cant. They are identical and everything is happening at the same week etc. I was upset last night and this morning. I feel like a complete failure and I am loosing faith in my body.

I have a scheduled early scan tomorrow but I am expecting to hear the worst news. :-( I am very sad.

I dont know if I will be able to cope with this so soon again.

Oh sweetie - try not to worry. A lot of the girls on here can reassure you that they have had pink spotting but go on to have normal pregnancies. A lot of them dont have much symptoms either - but you still have plenty time to start with the symptoms too! Sending sticky bean dust your way - let us know how you get on xxxx

Congrats on your pregnancy. A little bit of spotting is very common especially at around about the time period that AF would have been due. Apparently this can be because your normal hormonal cycle is still going on underneath the pregnancy hormones (don't really understand this but this is what I have read). I can understand your worry after a history of mmc but try to just relax and enjoy being pregnant. I really hope everything works out OK for you. Regarding HCG levels, my understanding is that it is more about the rate that they are increasing than the actual level. Hopefully you will get some reassurance when you get your next blood test. It's completely normal not to have many symptoms especially so early on, I had no symptoms really till almost 7 weeks.
:hug:

Oh sweetie - try not to worry. A lot of the girls on here can reassure you that they have had pink spotting but go on to have normal pregnancies. A lot of them dont have much symptoms either - but you still have plenty time to start with the symptoms too! Sending sticky bean dust your way - let us know how you get on xxxx

Oh thank you so much! I know I should be thinking positive like that but I get carried away due to my past sadness.

Thanks and :hugs:

Congrats on your pregnancy. A little bit of spotting is very common especially at around about the time period that AF would have been due. Apparently this can be because your normal hormonal cycle is still going on underneath the pregnancy hormones (don't really understand this but this is what I have read). I can understand your worry after a history of mmc but try to just relax and enjoy being pregnant. I really hope everything works out OK for you. Regarding HCG levels, my understanding is that it is more about the rate that they are increasing than the actual level. Hopefully you will get some reassurance when you get your next blood test. It's completely normal not to have many symptoms especially so early on, I had no symptoms really till almost 7 weeks.

you know my mum told me exactly the same about the period thing, I really should not despair so easily but its so bloody easy to worry. Thanks so much for the encouragement - big :hugs:

UPDATE 16 APRIL 2009

Well after the above the pink bleeding stopped but 3 days ago I started spotting brown with tiny clumps. Its when I wipe and today I started wearing a mini pad. I am really loosing my hopes as this is how my previous missed miscarriage started. No pain, all symptoms here but brown spotting on and off. I also have lower back pain since the spotting started which is another sign that I had with my previous miscarriage.

My mum told me not to compare the two pregnancies but I cant. They are identical and everything is happening at the same week etc. I was upset last night and this morning. I feel like a complete failure and I am loosing faith in my body.

I have a scheduled early scan tomorrow but I am expecting to hear the worst news. I am very sad.

I dont know if I will be able to cope with this so soon again.

I had the same thing at about 5-6 weeks chick and everythign was fine - try to think positive, which i know is difficult in our situation with everything that has happened in the past but keep your fingers crossed and see what happens

Good luck xx

I'm sorry you're having such a worrying time :hugs:

I can understand you feeling like you do, i know i'd be the same, but try not to read too much into symptoms or lack of them as everyone is so different.

Fingers crossed for your scan hun

I just wanted to say good luck and :hugs: Hope your scan goes well and fx for you.

Lots of luck and sticky dust, I hope your scan goes well!!!

Most likely it's implanting blood... I didn't bleed but some women bleed like a full period!!!

Think positive, there's nothing to worry about right now!! Try not to stress yourself, think the best of the best and be confident. (I know it's hard sometimes, but we're all here for you!!)

**sticky baby dust**
:dust:

Sorry your so worried hun I know its hard but do try to think positive :hugs:
Have you been given an earliar scan to check everything is ok? Massive :hugs: hun xxx

Hi Embo

I have a scan tomorrow at 09.00 at the early pregnancy unit. Last time I was there my hopes and dreams were shuttered when they told me that my baby was not breathing anymore. Now I am worried that it will be a dejavu situation again where i will hear really bad news.

Thanks for your wishes :hug: I feel like i am hanging by a thread.

Hi Embo

I have a scan tomorrow at 09.00 at the early pregnancy unit. Last time I was there my hopes and dreams were shuttered when they told me that my baby was not breathing anymore with my previous pregnancy. Now I am worried that it will be a dejavu situation again where i will hear really bad news.

Hi Embo

I have a scan tomorrow at 09.00 at the early pregnancy unit. Last time I was there my hopes and dreams were shuttered when they told me that my baby was not breathing anymore with my previous pregnancy. Now I am worried that it will be a dejavu situation again where i will hear really bad news.

Think the best of thoughts, be confident... I know it's so hard cause the moment you are told you are pregnant, you fall in love. It's like all of a sudden, nothing else matters but that little life in your tummy. The best thing to do for you and your baby is to think that nothing is going to happen- think that your baby is healthy... and live your life to ensure it. Eat right, go for walks, take a nap, enjoy a warm bath, spoil yourself!!, buy a baby item, register for Babys R Us... whatever it is that would make you excited and not worried. Karma is a great healer... I truly believe that. ((I was told by a friend that her best release was :sex:... so go for it!! I know my hubby and I are more lovey than ever and our baby is growing like a weed!! must be something in the sauce, HAHA :rofl:))

I'm sending you baby dust... know that we're all here for you - ANYTIME!!!

Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow with your scan. Try not to worry....:hug:

I also have practically no symptoms. I keep comparing this pregnancy to my first, but already they are so different.

:hugs:good luck for your scan 2morro sweet F'X crossed every thing is fine.
i also have an early scan at early pregnancy clinic at 8.45am so know how you are feeling :hugs:

x

Thanks KitKat mine is at 09.00 :hug: I dont expect to see much on the ultrasound my LMO was like you 1st of March but I had late ovulation. Still, even a tiny bit of news/information is so much needed right now.

I have my fingers crossed for you and me, my thoughts and best wishes are with you tomorrow.

hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->