Scared/Apprehensive TTC #2. Is it just me?

lusterleaf

Reaction score
I don't know if its just me being weird. DH and I definitely want 2 kids but at the same time I am very scared/worried/anxious on how a 2nd kid will change our family dynamic. DH said he does not want to wait much longer as he is 5 years older than me. Our DS will be 2 in August, but he is also a special needs child. We both work and our family helps out in watching DS and I am not sure that they would be willing to watch 2, and the cost of daycare would eat at most of my paycheck. DH says that I think too much and that other couples find a way to make it work. We did TTC last summer but after 2 months I decided I couldn't handle 2 so close in age. We are gearing up to try again soon (giving birth in the spring months benefits me at my job with maternity leave) so our kids would be closer to 3 years apart but I am still having these scared feelings. Not sure if its just me or has anyone else felt this way? I guess I just needed to vent.

I understand!!! My DD is almost 4 and we are TTC #2. We really do want a sibling for DD and in fact are trying quite hard at it and using fertility treatments. Even so, I worry about having enough energy for two kids, having to split my attention between the two, being too old for another....
I think these are regular fears and I assume I will get over them when I fall in love with another baby. I'm comfortable in my life and routine and shaking it up is scary!

I'm scared too! We're not TTC until August 2015 (we have a big family holiday planned next summer and I DO NOT want to be pregnant for it) but it seems so close! Our LO will be 2 and 3 months then so all being well, there will be around 3 years age gap. I'm just so worried life will be more stressful and how will I love another baby as much as my LO?!

I could of wrote your post. We're (well me) wants to have another sibling but we have such a great life not w with just one child. I work 2/3 days a week, my mum has her on them days so I have minimal childcare costs. I dont think she would look after #2. Our girl is 19mo so might start trying end of 2015. Will give us about a 4 year gap.

Your not alone with what your thinking, its only natural that we want to have the most easiest life possible xx

i completely understand where your coming from!!! we are planning to ttc end of august beginning of september. my daughter is 4 now so will be five when the next baby is born. im very excited about ttc again and giving mia a sibling but im also quite anxious about how our family will change when we add another child. its been me my husband and mia for so long now,its strange thinking of another child being added in there.:shrug: and mia is quite independant now and will be even more so next year so going back to the baby years seems quite daunting but i know it will work and we will take each day as it comes and i know mia will love a baby to care for.:happydance:

My LO will also be 2 in August and that is when I am planning to TTC. But as it draws nearer I'm thinking about waiting until January.

It's so weird cos when LO was much younger, I felt so broody and ready for another child, but we agreed to wait till LO was 2 and for a long time I was secretly hoping we could start earlier. However, all this year, I've really not been as broody.

I sometimes think its because LO is a lot of work now he's a toddler. Not in a bad way, but I just feel like there is no way I could have a tiny newborn at the same time as running after DS1. I'm also starting to enjoy the fact my LO can do a lot of things for himself now and having a newborn puts me back to square one.

I'll see how I feel in August. I might start TTC then but I'm really not that bothered just now.

I already have two and am WTT for the 3rd.

I can tell you that what you are feeling is totally normal! However, it's amazing having two children and I'm really looking forward to them growing up together. There are 22 months between my two and I couldn't be happier even though it is hard work and you do have to make adjustments, for me it is totally worth everything.

(and I get you on the cost of childcare :shock: and the difficulties associated with work etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->