Scared for scan

It's our scan day! Woohoo! Good luck and let us know how it went!

Thank you everyone! Just got back and I can report that I saw a baby! It was an internal scan (think that's basically procedure in the EPU).
I saw the baby's arms and legs and flickering heartbeat, so while I am happy, I have a couple of questions/worries...
The woman was rushing me (didn't even give me a pic) and was more concerned with explaining things to the medical student than to me so I didn't really feel comfortable asking, but basically according to my LMP I should be 9 weeks today, I was put back 2 days at a private scan a few weeks ago so I've been going by that, even though I got my BFP at 8dpo... Today they put me back 4 days (from LMP dates) and are calling it 8+3. How is this possible? I didn't get my BFP at 4dpo did I... Could it just be that she wasn't taking care to measure properly?
At 7+4 (by my dates), I had another scan putting me back one day only. But I kind of ignored that.
She was telling the medical student that was the gestational sac was visible around the baby (I could see it too), I couldn't be more than 8+ weeks. What should I think? Could I have had a SUPER early BFP and really be a couple of days behind? Or is baby behind in growth? I saw the heart flicker but they didn't tell me a heart rate.

It's easy to be a couple of days out. I got put back a whole week and I've stayed there on my scans now, meaning I got my bfp at like 3dpo :haha:
I obviously didn't ovulate when I thought I did. Are you 100% certain on the day you ovulated?
So glad you saw heartbeat etc and sorry you were rushed. I was too at my most recent hospital scan and left feeling so disheartened.

Thank you, that's reassuring. Yeah it's just crazy because if they're essentially saying I ovulated late, hence measuring behind/gest sac being visible, I would've been 4dpo when I got my faint line...so I'm thinking I could maybe be 1 day out but not four! I'm hoping they just didn't measure it right. I've ordered a Doppler, that will help me until my 12w scan!

I think it sounds fine, my dd measured 5 days behind at 7 or 8 week scan and I was also worried. You can check my posts from 2014 to see that. They told me in a hospital that i cant be exact at this point. I believe your baby is just fine x

I was actually 3 days behind, not 5 but it does not matter. It shows how inaccurate these early scans are.

A few of my babies measured a small at that point too. They were all caught up (or larger than average) at the 12-week scan. I wouldn't worry. :) Did you get to see movement??? :)

Talia can I ask you what cd you ovulated? I just want to compare it with mine as you are giving me hope that things are turning out ok for you. X

Yey!

I've heard lots of times that dates can be thrown out by even a slight error I measuring, as baby is so small at this stage and hard to measure accurately.

I've also read lots of posts from ladies who were measuring small at early scans, only for baby to have caught up the growth by 12 weeks.

Thank you all, I'm heartened by the fact that she was pretty rushed and she wasn't really trying to date the pregnancy, just check on it. Also, I was told I was 4 days behind on the 3rd January, then on the 9th January I was told I was only one day behind, now on the 19th I'm back to four days behind apparently...seems like it can jump around. Fingers crossed for my 12 week, nearly 4 weeks away! But hopefully I'll have the Doppler in the meantime to help reassure me.

To doodle: I didn't think I was ovulating at all, but generally my cycles are very regular and I think I ovulate around cd14. By the looks of it, it may have been cd15 when I last ovulated, but it couldn't really be any later (despite what the scans keep saying) because I had a BFP 8 days later. I have to say that your post the other day sounded similar to my 6 week scan. I understand that sometimes it's kinder on yourself to abandon hope rather than cling to it, but to me it doesn't sound as if all is lost for you. Got my fingers really tightly crossed for your little bean.

No, I didn't get to see movement as she was moving the probe around a lot, and also because we were seeing baby from below it was fairly shapeless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->