Scared for scan

Talia12

Reaction score
I have a scan on Thursday at 8w4d, I've been feeling optimistic and actually excited about it (especially as if everything is okay, we want to tell DH's parents then) but now I just feel scared. I've got bad lower backache and pain in my thighs and after all, my nausea has really dropped off today... So now I'm just plain scared that I'll go there and get the news that baby has stopped growing :( hate this worry. Time is dragging

I have a scan on Thursday at 8w4d, I've been feeling optimistic and actually excited about it (especially as if everything is okay, we want to tell DH's parents then) but now I just feel scared. I've got bad lower backache and pain in my thighs and after all, my nausea has really dropped off today... So now I'm just plain scared that I'll go there and get the news that baby has stopped growing :( hate this worry. Time is dragging

Good luck with everything Im sure its all gonna be fine....

Everything will be just fantastic Talia I'm sure. Be positive. X

:hugs: I always have this same worry, but it's actually said to be pretty rare. I think when we're on a forum, we see more of the scary stuff because people are more likely to talk about it, especially when we are discussing our pregnancies here and aren't discussing it with friends and family yet so don't have them to turn to for support. But, 97% of the time (once you're 8 weeks along), the pregnancy is just perfect!

I'm having the same worry! I also have a scan on Thursday, only I'm a week behind you (I'll be 7w4d). I can't wait for it, but I'm also worried for bad news. Try to breathe. I keep reminding myself that there's no reason for me to think anything bad has happened so I should just go in with my head high.

We'll get through it together. :) :flower:

Thank you so much ladies, you're such a help. I actually posted recently about how being on forums gives us a skewed idea of things, but now I can't seem to take my own advice!
I'm just trying to embrace the worry and realise it's a natural part of being a mum and we can't let it overtake us.

It's totally true. My last scan was last Friday and I was just about to cry in the waiting room because I had convinced myself of bad news. But, to my surprise, not only were they able to find the fetal pole, but I even got a glimpse at a heartbeat. I was on top of the world.

Now, here I am, 4 days later, already fretting for this week's scan. lol

Yeah, I've seen baby's hb and I relaxed for about 2 days, then I was back to feeling uncertain, and now I'm worrying all over again...!

Good luck on your scan! As a mother of multiple angels I can completely relate to that fear but chances are baby is probably fine :)

I'm with you. I have a private scan on Saturday when I should be 7 +5. I had a MMC in my last pregnancy and feeling very nervous! Good luck for tomorrow. X

Thank you doodle. I still do for you too.
Good luck frizbee, we half can't wait for the scans and then when they get close we realise we're bricking it.... 22 hours to go till mine come on beanie please be ok...

Thanks both! Yes this will be my first. Without this I wouldn't get one until 12 weeks and couldn't bear that. Good luck!!

My ultrasound is in 5 days on Monday, I will be 7w5d I am am terrified there will be an empty sac, or a baby that stopped developing. I wish there was a window into my uterus so I can see the baby at all times.

I hear you, mama. We had an ultrasound yesterday and baby looked really good. I scheduled my next appointment for six weeks out and I know I'm gonna be sweating before then worrying about baby. Hopefully will be feeling some movement by the though. I won't see baby again until our anatomy scan and that's probably a good thing because then I won't have more opportunities to stress.

Yeah, it's barbaric that they make us wait till 12 weeks in my opinion! I've had both early NHS scans and private scans way before then in both my pregnancies. I know the NHS can't justify it but 12 weeks is toooo long to wait and worry!
6 hours to go :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->